how often do you argue with your partner?

Posted by   + Show Post
Dh and I have never had a fight. Somebody told me that this is the sign of a bad relationship. My feelings were kin of hurt :( I know, I need to stop being so sensitive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
ladyvamp5489
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM

thanks!

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I love that!

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

In the 16 yrs we have been married, we have argued MAYBE 3 times!  We just dont fight. We have a great relationship.

lynnd4
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Rarely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on May. 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

We have been married for seven years and together for eleven. We haven't ever had one of those screaming / throwing things ordeals. He is so calm, cool, and collected! I am the one who stomps around the house, huffs, and puffs lol. He is great though because when I'm upset he makes me talk to him and I always feel better after. I feel like we bicker a lot. Some how we always get into an "argument" about the character in a movie, the band singing a song, or something ridiculous like that. I think we like proving each other wrong way too much, well maybe it's just me. I seriously feel on top of the world when I am right LOL!

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM

rarely.  Usually only during home improvement.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM

i wouldn't see never fighting as a sign of a bad relationship.  of course my hubby & i argue often & i'm sure there are those that'd say is a sign of an unhealthy relationship.  we are pretty much opposites in all aspects & can both be strong willed so it does lead to some differences of opinions.   but even though we argue often they are never huge fights (though we have had a few in our almost 10 years together) & most often over silly things & we both get over it quickly.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM

We don't really argue very often, but we do have disagreements. It is normal in a relationship to have disagreements every now and then. I think the person that told you that may have been thinking that y'all don't argue because maybe y'all don't communicate. Express your opinions about things. If you constantly try to avoid arguments, then not everything is being said. After a while it will finally explode out and cause a horrible fight. I am not in any way saying this is your situation. Just explaining why someone would say that to you.

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I have heard that, too. However, my husband and I have been together going on 20 years and we rarely argue and we have a great relationship… we always have.

SammiBaby
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:09 AM
We don't actually fight. We bicker over LITTLE things and things can get tense during that time. But I can't even name a handful of times we have actually fought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM
way too much :( it sucks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting ceciliam:

I have heard that, too. However, my husband and I have been together going on 20 years and we rarely argue and we have a great relationship… we always have.

Same with dh & I and we have been together 11 years.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: