Group Home
Your times tables? Or were you taught to skip count? My momma and I were talking about this the other day and I got to thinking that maybe I suck so much at math because I was never tauggt my times tables. Neither was my brother. Not in school anyways. Momma tried to teach us, Idk about my brother but I know I don't remember. We were taught to skip count which, when needed, I still have to use my fingers for. They are teaching kaidan to skip count too. I don't like it.

So what about you? Your kids? Times tables or skip counting? How do you feel about only being taught skip counting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (21-24):
tayanddyl
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I was taught my times table, the kids learned to skip count in school but I still showed them the old fashioned way.  The teachers didn't like that, so what!

KristinRox
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM

In early grades we were taught to skip count, once I got to grade 4 I learned my times tables. This is the same with my kids.

besosfantasies
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I was taught my times tables. We memorized them in the 3rd grade. Everyday after recess we'd come in to a sheet with.. 10/20 times tables on them and were given a minute to complete all of them, then graded. Really helped us. If we skipped count, I'd be lost thinking lol. 

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I was taught my times tables but I was never very interested in it and still horrible at math to this day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie