Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much do you spend on new school clothes for your kids??

by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:37 AM
Replies (31-38):
sweetpea1269
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM
My kids wear uniforms. My 15 y/o will probably need new pants this year, all his shirts are good tho. My 8y/o goes through a new set (3-4 pants and shirts) every couple of months! He rips the knees out and is really messy with markers and food, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM
They will one or two outfits and the rest of the year it's when they need them. They will however always get new shoes before school starts because they always need them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM
I do that, but inside. I don't wear socks outside.
It wears them out fast.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Briyawna:

It depends on what they need.. Every year they get a 1st day of school outfit, new underwear, new socks, and a new pair of shoes... but besides that I dont buy them any other new clothes unless they need it..

My kids go through socks.  Ds keeps wearing them outside, with no shoes. Grrrr~

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM
True!

Quoting hfaddis:

we buy them as they need them, and also try to buy a size up when i hit a really good deal =) lol makes it less likely to have to NEED them they will already be there!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Same here. My sons high school has a strict dress code. Collared shirts and khakis or cords. I buy polos on sale. He's probably has 3 pair of khaki pants, 4 or 5 khaki short and 5+ polos. I replace as needed. I would say $200-300 a year for all his clothes.

Quoting mrswillie:

We don't get them at the beginning of the school year.  We get clothes when they need them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Quoting tyfry7496:

Same here. My sons high school has a strict dress code. Collared shirts and khakis or cords. I buy polos on sale. He's probably has 3 pair of khaki pants, 4 or 5 khaki short and 5+ polos. I replace as needed. I would say $200-300 a year for all his clothes.

Quoting mrswillie:

We don't get them at the beginning of the school year.  We get clothes when they need them.

we don't have a dress code, but his jeans and shorts last awhile since he is in hs.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quoting celestegood:

It wears them out fast.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Briyawna:

It depends on what they need.. Every year they get a 1st day of school outfit, new underwear, new socks, and a new pair of shoes... but besides that I dont buy them any other new clothes unless they need it..

Really?  I think everyone wears their socks inside. lol

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting celestegood:

It wears them out fast.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Briyawna:

Really?  I think everyone wears their socks inside. lol

No, like all the time.  Unless I'm in the shower or changing clothes, I am wearing socks.  ANd I wear them to check the mail sometimes.  I wear them 23.5 hours a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)