Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you always want more than one

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 42 Replies
Did you always want more than one child? How many?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmfanfgljf
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Yes, I always wanted at least 3. After our first was born I wanted 5, dh wanted just her. After our second was born I was coming to terms with just having our two, dh wanted 7-13. After our third we agreed that we were done, we have 2 girls and a boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princessputter
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM

we are working on # 4.. We would love to have 5 or 6 my kids are very spaced out

Rain2Rinse
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Originally, I wanted no children. I was going to go to bed at 5 am, sleep in until 4 in the afternoon, pick up and travel the world whenever I wanted, buy $3,000 purses, go on cruises. I was going to spend my days in tattoo shops, little boutiques, and sprawled out on the beach.

And then my daughter came. I still stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning, but at 7:30am, I am hating it. We still travel, but it takes more planning. I spend my days knee deep in sand, wrist deep in clay, with my head buried in piles of laundry. I am introducing her to the joys of out of the way boutiques. That $3,000 purse? I haven't wanted one in years, but now I weigh pros and cons, making sure that my purchase will take nothing away from her.

It is... different than what I imagined. Still, it is better than I could have ever dreamed. Will I have another? I thought so. I really thought so. But now I am not so sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on May. 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM
We have 2 and I want more but cant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

well before i got pregnant with my first, heck even when i first found out i was pregnant with my first i never wanted one.  that quickly changed though when i had my first early ultrasound to find out how far along i was though.  couldn't imagine not having that little white blip on the screen!  ;o)  shortly after having my daughter my husband & i decided we'd like to have one more.  we didn't "try" to have one but we didn't try to prevent it either.  4 years later we got our son & now we have the perfect family.  no more for us.  we have one of each & both are beautiful & healthy.  what more do we need?

tinkerxbell
by Emily on May. 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Yes, I've always wanted 2. DH wants 2 as well. We have one right now.

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I didn't start wanting children until my mid to late 20's. Then I always thought we would have at least 2 (I was hoping for twins). Then it took us awhile to get pregnant and I didn't have my son until I was 32. Now I realize, we are good with just our one son.

me-n-mygirls
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:17 AM
yep
I always wanted a big family....hubby too!
So far we have 4. 2 girls n 2 boys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I wanted 3-4. I have 3
RADmomma
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I always wanted 2.

after DD ... DH was done... but with a little convincing he came around & we are now expecting #2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN