Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: 5 White Choices for Summer

Posted by   + Show Post

You probably grew up hearing this: "No white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day." That rule's been more or less tossed out in favor of dressing appropriately for the weather.....no one is going to give you the side eye for wearing white pants on an 85-degree day, even if that day happens in April, and if you live somewhere warm, the rule goes out the window entirely.

That said, summer weather is here and this weekend marks its unofficial start, so here are five white skirts and pants to get you started.

How cute is this white skirt with its blue edging? Very cute, and can be dressed up or down for work or weekends. (Lands' End, $120; sign up for their emails because they always have good sales and Kmart Shop Your Way points work here too!).

Nothing says summer chic like white capri jeans; you can probably even get away with these on a casual Friday at work with a nice top. (Kmart, $16.49)

White on the bottom can be tricky when you are plus-size; this raw-edge scooter is long and fitted enough that you won't look extra-wide on the bottom. (Lane Bryant, $54.95).

This crisp black-and-white nautically-styled mini would be adorable at an outdoor wedding with a black or silver top, or to work with a black cropped blazer. (White House Black Market, $70).

Linen pants are wonderful for summer and look nice ironed crisp or left a little wrinkly; these white ones  have a modern cut but will be stylish for years. (Loft, $69.50)

Which one is your favorite? And do you wear white before Memorial Day?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
lasombrs
by Sara on May. 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM
i never wear white even before kids! i just attract dirt lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Nice!, I love the first skirt!! Wish I could wear it...not with my pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I wear white year round, whenever I'm in the mood

momma-flynn
by Greta on May. 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I really want a pair of white capris this summer.  

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM

though i'd never wear it i like the black & white skirt.  i don't wear white.  with two kids & constant running around it would stay very clean.  the kids don't wear white either, well my daughter has one button up white shirt but she only wears that for her violin concerts.  hubby has one white polo but he doesn't wear it very often.

alliesmom112
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I can't wear white especially with an almost 4 year old. The most I can wear it is one time before it is stained

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM
I like the bottom 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM
I like those, just not brave enough for white.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on May. 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I never wear white.

mom27g
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I love white, but don't wear it because it gets dirty so easy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)