Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: 5 White Choices for Summer

Posted by   + Show Post

You probably grew up hearing this: "No white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day." That rule's been more or less tossed out in favor of dressing appropriately for the weather.....no one is going to give you the side eye for wearing white pants on an 85-degree day, even if that day happens in April, and if you live somewhere warm, the rule goes out the window entirely.

That said, summer weather is here and this weekend marks its unofficial start, so here are five white skirts and pants to get you started.

How cute is this white skirt with its blue edging? Very cute, and can be dressed up or down for work or weekends. (Lands' End, $120; sign up for their emails because they always have good sales and Kmart Shop Your Way points work here too!).

Nothing says summer chic like white capri jeans; you can probably even get away with these on a casual Friday at work with a nice top. (Kmart, $16.49)

White on the bottom can be tricky when you are plus-size; this raw-edge scooter is long and fitted enough that you won't look extra-wide on the bottom. (Lane Bryant, $54.95).

This crisp black-and-white nautically-styled mini would be adorable at an outdoor wedding with a black or silver top, or to work with a black cropped blazer. (White House Black Market, $70).

Linen pants are wonderful for summer and look nice ironed crisp or left a little wrinkly; these white ones  have a modern cut but will be stylish for years. (Loft, $69.50)

Which one is your favorite? And do you wear white before Memorial Day?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I do't like any of them. I prefer flowy skirts..And yes I will wear white any time I please. 

powow65
by kimmy on May. 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM
maybe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I not a fan of white.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM

i just bought some white shorts.

crystal.porter
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I never wear white. It wouldn't be white for long.

mamamiajk
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

They all look nice but I NEVER wear white anywhere. I think it is a dirt magnet

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on May. 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I love the pants!!

bether89
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I like the first white skirt.  I don't wear much white.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I like te scooter and the linen pants

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I like the first one but I don't wear white, ever!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)