Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: 5 White Choices for Summer

Posted by   + Show Post

You probably grew up hearing this: "No white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day." That rule's been more or less tossed out in favor of dressing appropriately for the weather.....no one is going to give you the side eye for wearing white pants on an 85-degree day, even if that day happens in April, and if you live somewhere warm, the rule goes out the window entirely.

That said, summer weather is here and this weekend marks its unofficial start, so here are five white skirts and pants to get you started.

How cute is this white skirt with its blue edging? Very cute, and can be dressed up or down for work or weekends. (Lands' End, $120; sign up for their emails because they always have good sales and Kmart Shop Your Way points work here too!).

Nothing says summer chic like white capri jeans; you can probably even get away with these on a casual Friday at work with a nice top. (Kmart, $16.49)

White on the bottom can be tricky when you are plus-size; this raw-edge scooter is long and fitted enough that you won't look extra-wide on the bottom. (Lane Bryant, $54.95).

This crisp black-and-white nautically-styled mini would be adorable at an outdoor wedding with a black or silver top, or to work with a black cropped blazer. (White House Black Market, $70).

Linen pants are wonderful for summer and look nice ironed crisp or left a little wrinkly; these white ones  have a modern cut but will be stylish for years. (Loft, $69.50)

Which one is your favorite? And do you wear white before Memorial Day?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on May. 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I had a white shirt in my hand last night while I was at Kohl's. I decided to go with the black one lol.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on May. 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Those white pants are cute, but I personally wouldn't wear them. 

malexander2009
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:18 AM
While I think the first skirt is gorgeous. It's well out of my price range and I have to agree with previous posters it's not a good idea to wear white with a toddler.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle :) on May. 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I like the skirt and the capris, but I have 3 boys and white never stays white with them around.

koolkidsmom
by on May. 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I like the pants the cut is nice. 

koolkidsmom
by on May. 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I always like white shorts for summer too. 

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I only wear white shirts.

momkaribg
by Kari on May. 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Same here.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I never wear white especially with a toddler
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 29, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I would.My fav is the pants

fraujones
by Amanda on May. 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I'm afraid to wear white! I have two small kids and I am kind of clumsy. White heels are probably as daring as I'll get. 

That "scooter" skirt is super cute though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)