The worst part about....

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 56 Replies
Being broke is.... Having your kids know that you're broke.

My daughter says to me tonight that she wants to take me to a restaurant and would use the money in her piggy bank because she knows I can't afford it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2012 at 8:05 PM

breaks the heart doesn't it?  my 4yr old found a quarter on the ground not long ago & gave it to me.  when he did he said "here mami, you can use this to pay for groceries".

mamivon2
by Sandra on May. 31, 2012 at 8:05 PM

aww that is sweet..

Were broke too.. all the time..

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on May. 31, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Yep my daughter is 4.... It must the age that they start understanding money

Quoting lizzig:

breaks the heart doesn't it?  my 4yr old found a quarter on the ground not long ago & gave it to me.  when he did he said "here mami, you can use this to pay for groceries".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on May. 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Same here...all the time.

Quoting mamivon2:

aww that is sweet..

Were broke too.. all the time..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2012 at 8:21 PM

It is tough when kids know, but it can be a good way to teach them about all the things more important than money

besosfantasies
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Awww :(

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2012 at 8:25 PM

My oldes DD saved half her lunch for me one day.It hurt me a lot.

yourpassion
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Buy you know what, it's great that they feel that way!! It's better than them wanting hoard their money and not sharing anything. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skippette14
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:28 PM
My kiddos understand that money is tight..I just lost my job. So we are a single income family now, and they know we can't do a lot of extra stuff this summer like we usually do. Hopeful I can find so free or cheap activities .

They don't realize I had to ask for scholarship for them to play soccer this fall. This will be 3rd yr for both of them on same teams ( registration had to be turned in last week to ask for help). So I will also be helping both teams fundraise as much as possible for uniforms
DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on May. 31, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Oh yeah they know all about how things can be more important... That's why.she wanted to take me out to lunch in the first place lol

Quoting othermom:

It is tough when kids know, but it can be a good way to teach them about all the things more important than money

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: