Group Home

Smarter Style: Look Good in the Garden

Posted by   + Show Post

Gardening season is in full swing and I have some tough work ahead of me this weekend -- we just built a huge raised bed in our front yard, which means lots of raking, digging, transplanting and hauling around of heavy rocks.

But just because I am going to be sweaty and dirty doesn't mean I can't also be stylish. Here's some cute looks to protect your head, hands and feet.

How stylin' are these garden clogs? They're sturdy enough to help you push with your foot to get  through tough soil with a shovel, and cute enough you'll be happy to wear them to pop out to the garden center. (Sloggers, $32.99).

You need a hat to protect your scalp and face from the sun.....this paper and straw number is cheap, effective, won't make you all sweaty, and has a certain flair. (Kmart, $9.99)

These garden gloves are soooo cool with their paisley print, and as someone who has nursed scratches and insect bites on my arms from gardening, I love the longer length. (Womanswork, $29.99).

Are you a gardener? What's your favorite piece of gear?

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-35):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I sit on the porch in capris and watch other people work in the yard.

lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM
i love my garden. i dont wear anything special though. i bought ds cars gardening gloves though so he can help me, he loves it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I love those gloves. I don't have any fave pieces of gear. I could use some new stuff for sure.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM

i dig those gloves

slw123
by Shawna on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Cute stuff.  I'm not a gardener though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80