Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Home: Get Ready For Summer

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

How great is summer? I love the long sunny days and relaxing vibe. Even tedious chores, like food shopping, don't seem so bad when I know I'm going to spend the afternoon in the park or backyard! What can kill a great summer vibe is a home that feels like winter--you want to bring that great vacation vibe indoors, too. Here's five easy ways how:

Change the blankets. Store all cozy throws for the fall and substitute with lightweight cotton throws. Now, change your bedding. Substitute down comforters for quilts, coverlets or cotton blankets. (Tip: If you love your duvet cover, put a thin quilt in it instead of the down for the summer.)

Change your pillows. Linen throw pillows as well as light summer color pillows always change up the look of a room.

Memories are made in the summer. Frame some of your favorite beach baby photos.

I love fresh air. Even when it's hot, I try to hold off putting on the air conditioner as long as possible. This is where the fans come in. I have small ones in each room, near the windows so that they circulate the air.

Stock your kitchen with disposable dishes and utensils for impromptu picnics and BBQs. Also perfect for those summer nights when you don't feel like doing dishes. Remember, you're on vacation, too!

How do you enjoy summer?

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM
I grill a lot & we entertain. I'm hoping to get my backyard set up for some evening parties this summer. I don't really change anything on the inside of the house, other than the dining room table cloth & topper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM

We love having cook outs. Going swimming and just hanging out at home playing in the yard.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

going to the beach or pool.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM
We love to grill. I also take the kids to the park a lot. We have picnics outside often and go to all of our summer neighborhood events.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM
We enjoy grilling out and watching the kids play.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

we love our bbqs :)

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

ok honestly I am not a summer person, I like it for like a week LOL and then im over it. I hate the hot sticky weather and would so much rather have it be fall type weather daily. Slightly warm durring the day and crisp and cool at night. butttt, I do enjoy going to the beach with the kids and carnivals so thats a plus side.

Samanthamommy
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I LOVE summer. My fav season.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jun. 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I heart summertime!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom112
by Sandy on Jun. 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM

We spend alot of time eating outside, swimming, going to the lake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)