Get Your Home Ready For Summer Day 2: Garage Clean Out!

Posted by   + Show Post

Based on your lists from yesterday, it looks like quite a few of you need today's challenge! It's time to tackle your garage. Don't worry, you don't have to do it all today, but get in there and get started. Here are a few ideas to help out.

• Pull out summer stuff! Do you store your summer things in the garage? Get those out and put away winter things.
  • Look at how you've organized and see if it's the best way. Using clear containers like these makes it easy to see what's where. If you have the space, add a shelf to help organize things.
  • Throw things out! Do you have bikes that are too small for your kids? Or broken rakes? Give them away or throw them out.
  • Actually clean the garage a bit! Sweep and wipe down the shelves you have.
  • Add something "new" that you already have in the house. Take a lamp from the living room or switch rugs with another room.

What needs to be done in your garage? How do you keep things organized?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget to sign up here for the challenge so that you get a daily reminder!

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
tabby1979
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

This is a hubby job....will ad it to his todo list...lol.

hlzcmjzajz
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM
We don't have a garage but I would love it if dh would organize his tool room in our basement! I tried to once & got yelled at b/c "he knows where everything is the way he has it!" Ugghh that room drives me nuts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CByxbe
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Everything needs to be done and NOTHING is orginized! This is the goal this summer though before the baby comes. We hope to have a garage sale to get rid of our collection of junk!
nova.mommy
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Okay.  It was just an idea.  Maybe take it to a consignment store so you benefit from it, but don't have the hassle of setting up for the sale and cleaning up after the sale.

Quoting Strega:

Oh, I just call it junk. It's really not. My Mother was really into buying things--and she'd buy for people she would never see too. So, it's all brand new stuff still in packaging and boxes. I'm sure most of it will sell at a Yard Sale.

Quoting nova.mommy:

Use 1-800 Got Junk to take the junk away.  You won't have to mess up your car to haul it to the dump(you may need multiple trips) and they take old electronics too.

Quoting Strega:

I've been dreading getting into the Garage, but we'll be doing it soon.

It's a mess really. My Mother had a serious hoarding problem. When we took over the House last year, we put everything from the Bedrooms into the Garage.

So, we'll be cleaning out and having a mega Yard Sale. I want most, if not all of the junk gone even if I have to give it away.

batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Our garage is very organized.  My DH keeps it very clean.  We have a lot of shelves and containers.  

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I'm afraid I can't even get in there without my DH's help! Its not because of the mess though its because of the entries.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

We need more organizing!

tnvplus2
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM
We don't have a garage so this one doesn't apply to me.
mamaof2monsters
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I am not allowed to clean out my shed without my husband because he gets made cause I leave all the trash outside. I will have to put this one on hold.

srbeusk
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM
No garage or shed here...;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: