Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Your Home Ready For Summer Day 2: Garage Clean Out!

Posted by   + Show Post

Based on your lists from yesterday, it looks like quite a few of you need today's challenge! It's time to tackle your garage. Don't worry, you don't have to do it all today, but get in there and get started. Here are a few ideas to help out.

• Pull out summer stuff! Do you store your summer things in the garage? Get those out and put away winter things.
  • Look at how you've organized and see if it's the best way. Using clear containers like these makes it easy to see what's where. If you have the space, add a shelf to help organize things.
  • Throw things out! Do you have bikes that are too small for your kids? Or broken rakes? Give them away or throw them out.
  • Actually clean the garage a bit! Sweep and wipe down the shelves you have.
  • Add something "new" that you already have in the house. Take a lamp from the living room or switch rugs with another room.

What needs to be done in your garage? How do you keep things organized?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget to sign up here for the challenge so that you get a daily reminder!

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Replies (31-40):
LuvUSoMuch
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Oh, Lordy - it's gonna be a NIGHTMARE but I will try! It has to be done so there's no better time than now! :)

lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

we have an apt so no garage :(

dstoutholcomb
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM

it's in good shape, we just installed another set of shelves, so we're good to go 

kgmmw
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I am lacking in closet space for all of my winter items, so I will take the idea of putting in a couple of shelves :) thanks I do not have a garage. 

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM

We don't have a garage but do have a carport and I hope that my DH will get out there soon and clean it soon.  I am sick of looking at it.

fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I wish I had time to clean my garage! It needs to be dusted and mopped. 

momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I need a shed so that true garage doesn't double as storage. Out garage is the man cave but also holds our tools & lawn stuff. We have it pretty streamlined & can have it ready for company in 5 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM
No garage, but i love clear totes!! its all i will use for the baby stuff and blankets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I dont have a garage so im done;-)

Janet
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

It's a real mess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN