Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on supporting my friend? *update

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM
  • 13 Replies
My friend (18) just found out she's pregnant. She got 2 positives and she's freaking out. She's a full time student, no job, lives with her mom, just broke up with her boyfriend and is alone in this.
The father just broke up with her and it was really bad (cheater, lier) and told her get an abortion and give it up. She wants to keep it.
We're not the best of friends, the father is my ex, but we all hang out and get along but she didn't expect us to stay friends after the break up but she called me crying because she's so scared.

How can I help her?
So far I invited to my families BBQ, took her out with df and I to get her mind off things, going to the clinic with her tomorrow and told her that if she need anything I'm here.

FYI I had my dd at 19 (I'm still 19) and know how hard it is. She seems like she's also still having a hard time getting past her fathers death (he died when she was 13) in a work accident.

Update*

She miscarried :( she's devistated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
The best thing you can do is support her decision & be there to help her. Since you had a baby at a young age, you can be proof that it doesn't end your life. Maybe see if you can swing a girls day & pamper her a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karissa_ruiz
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM
That's a good idea!

Quoting momma-flynn:

The best thing you can do is support her decision & be there to help her. Since you had a baby at a young age, you can be proof that it doesn't end your life. Maybe see if you can swing a girls day & pamper her a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I also would say maybe you two can help eachother out babysitten.. if she needs a break you have her baby and if you need a break she can take your baby...

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM

honestly, just be there to give advice. And dont let her let the jerk off easy he helped make that baby afterall.

lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Tell her what your fears were and how things turned out ok (if they did) offer to be there if she needs to cry it out) maybe let her come hang with your and your child a few times, let her do diapers etc so she can see its doable. Just be a good positive teen mom role model and show her how to rock it :P

Sophie4910
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM
I agree

Quoting momma-flynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnghtsprnkle
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Stay far away from the drama,if not you will be posting in a few months, how she used you and you did all this or that for her...

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I think you are doing as much as you can do....or maybe that you should. I commend you for still being there for her after everything. Remember to do for you first though. If something feels wrong..or you feel badly by it..don't do it. You and your child come first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Be there to listen have her join the single mom's group on here lots of good strong single mamas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

i agree with this

Quoting momma-flynn:

i
know my grammar is poor and so is my spelling and sometimes my wording
is odd please understand i have severe dyslexia i do run spell check but
it dose not always fine all my mess up when i misuse a word pointing
out my  mess ups is fine with me and i will be more then happy to fix
them however rude comments will not get them fix thank you for
understand:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)