Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bullying - pls vote/comment

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you or your child experienced bullying?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, explain in reply

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

I'll put a poll up so it will be easier to see results but also pls reply with your experiences or thoughts. Thanks.

Pls reply and say it if was you, your child or both and explain as much or as little as you feel comfortable sharing.

You can also say if something was done to stop the bullying.

If you don't want to explain just say if it was you or child or even maybe a sibling or family member it happened to etc.

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brit0813
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM
My son has been bullied in pre-k this year :( he's such a quiet good kid...they call him names or push/kick/hit him. we've talked to parents and teachers. it's not as bad as it was towards the beginning of the year. really I think it just stems from the fact that my son is not as rough as the other boys, he prefers to do quiet things like reading
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

in my son's preschool class..there was a 4 year old who would kick, punch and hit other kids in the face etc

he hit my son in the face (I saw it happen a couple times when just picking up my son. He pushed him down the stairs as we were leaving the class (i was holding my son's hand THANK GOD, otherwise he would have been down 20 steps in that building and who knows what injuries!!)

This kid did this to many of the other kids while the "teachers" claimed they saw nothing! I did not allow my child to continue at that school.

Bradensmommy719
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I was in elem school. Nothing like now a days but picked on mainly cuz my mom worked at the school. Everyone that pi ked on me apologized a few years later when we were in middle school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnghtsprnkle
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

yep both instances, but my question is, how many of the woman here that were bullied in childhood, actually see there bullies in adulthood, it doesnt seem to matter in the sceme of things as the responsibility of a child is to grow up and be a productive part of society and their childhood bully non existant in their lives.. Not to say childhood bullying is okay...

mallowcup17
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM

i was in junior high, it was a boy. i went to the guidance office and the principal and the situation was handled quickly. it never happened again...we are actually friends now..

Rain2Rinse
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I was never bullied.
DD hasn't started school yet, but I don't think she will be bullied. She is very outspoken, her self esteemed and confidence is through the roof, and honestly, she doesn't care if somebody doesn't like her/says mean things about her/doesn't want to be her friend. She is very independent, and always sticks up for the underdog. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think bullying is going to be our issue. I think I've pinpointed what our issue will be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Once at a playground this girl kicked me in the stomach for no reason at all. I didn't live near her, so it was a one time thing. 

My sister was bullied by some girls when she was 16. The main bully was a girl who was mad that my sister USED TO date her boyfriend IN THE PAST. My sis wasn't involved with him at all while this girl was dating him, but she still hated my sis. The girl and her friends would pick on my sister relentlessly. One day, they all jumped my sister and beat her up. They tore out handfuls of her hair and smashed her head repeatedly against the pavement. She had to take medicine for headaches for a month. Thankfully, she was ok.

So far my children have not been bullied. I hope that never happens, and if it does that they will talk to me and we'll find a way to fix the problem. 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

i can put up another poll/post for that one

Quoting midnghtsprnkle:

yep both instances, but my question is, how many of the woman here that were bullied in childhood, actually see there bullies in adulthood, it doesnt seem to matter in the sceme of things as the responsibility of a child is to grow up and be a productive part of society and their childhood bully non existant in their lives.. Not to say childhood bullying is okay...

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I did a little when I was in high school, but not to much. So far my kids haven't

midnghtsprnkle
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

If I personally wanted a poll I could have put one up...

Quoting aneela:

i can put up another poll/post for that one

Quoting midnghtsprnkle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN