Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Father's Day Gift Ideas

Posted by   + Show Post

Father's Day is right around the corner! It always sneaks up on me, and I'm always scrambling at the last-minute. My husband isn't easy to buy for, which is the same thing he says about me. (Though I totally disagree with him on that point.)

This year, when thinking of a gift for Dad--whether it's a gift from the kids to your husband, or to your own dad--think about that person, and what he likes and doesn't like. Don't buy him a grill if he hates meat, or dining outside. (Of course, if he wants a grill you're in luck because they're usually on sale at this time of year.) Maybe go with a Panini maker if he likes sandwiches, or a slow-cooker for great tasting pulled pork and chili. Does he like coffee? Maybe try the Keurig K-cup coffee system. Or if he already has that, get him a bunch of coffee k-cups in his favorite flavor and a new travel mug.

If he's handy around the house, consider tools. Yes, it's cliché, but he might really want that cordless drill, and if it helps him hang those hooks you've been bugging him about, that's a win-win.  

And of course, the sentimental, non-store gifts are thoughtful, too. A photo of the kids, grandkids, or whomever will always make his day.

What are you doing for Father's Day this year?

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-26):
JHanc968
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

good ideas

mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

There are so many things DH wants.... a juicer... and some techy things lol I am going to work with the boys this week to make DH some things and I am still thinking of what to get him from me.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:27 PM
We are getting DH new tires for his motorcycle. Dd has a new dress se has been dying to wear, so we may do a nice dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmommy429
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I don't have a dad, but I'm not sure what to get DH. He has every gadget made (soda stream, Kurig, every tool made, grilling stuff). I may just make him a frame and a card.

RutterMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Wow, I have no idea right now. Guess I should figure it out real quick!

JennaPixi
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM

For fathers day last year I made a reservation at this hibachi restaurant ( you could use whatever restaurant he really likes) the reservation was made for 2, him and my then 4 year old son :) Me and the 'baby', now 2, stayed home. And I loved my time that day with my little girl too. Him and my son both loved it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)