Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cafemom saved my eyesight.

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM
  • 210 Replies
96 moms liked this

On February 18th of this year some of the wonderful mom's here on Cafemom helped to save my eyesight.

I had noticed that my eyesight was wonky, but I never ever stopped to figure out what the issue was. Finally one day as I was sitting reading (the hunger games) I noticed that when I was reading the bottom of the page I had no peripheral vision of the top of the page. It was like there was a curtain in front of the top part of my eyes. I didnt freak out, but I was curious. So I came on Cafemom and went to a group that Ive been a part of for a long time. I love those girls like I love my family. Anyway. I told them of my symptoms, and they told me that it was an emergency thing. I thought that I had time to wait for a doctors appointment 2 weeks later. Those girls begged me to go get checked out. While I thought they were blowing things out of proportion, it peaked my curiousity even more. I called my optometrist, he didnt want to see me, and told me to go to the ER. I called the emergency room to find out if they thought it was an emergency. When the girl told me to stop what I was doing and get in the car and come straight to the hospital. I took it seriously.

2 days later I was on an operating table hours away from my home getting eyesight saving surgery. I had a detached retina.

If I had not been a part of Cafemom I would have waited for a doctors appointment scheduled for 2 weeks later. I wouldnt have been alarmed. I know for sure I would have lost my eyesight waiting for that appointment, without those girls. 

There are no words to say THANK YOU enough to those women. Cafemom is a wonderful place, full of some fantastic moms. This is just one of the many reasons I love it so much here.

To the girls on the porch.. THANK YOU FOR MY EYESIGHT.. Ill NEVER BE ABLE TO SAY THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!

JOIN US ON:

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brit0813
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Wow!! Glad you went in! What was it caused by? I have spots of no peripheral vision, but mine is pseudo tumor cerebri
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Wow. glad you are better now.

midnghtsprnkle
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:22 AM

congrats

sweetpea1269
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Retinal detachment?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:41 AM
I had a retinal detachment luckily they caught it early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dixiegurl223626
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:41 AM

wow! Glad you are better!

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:03 AM

tHANKS AN AMAZING STORY.  gLAD YOU CAUGHT IT.

PookaboosMom
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Wow, how awesome. Glad you still have your vision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM

wow!  that's all i can say!

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Glad you got the surgery and saved your sight!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN