Get Your Home Ready For Summer Day 3: Spruce Up the Kids' Rooms

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 113 Replies
1 mom liked this

Don't worry! Your turn will come, but today it's time to involve (or just surprise) your kids. Get their rooms ready for summer by cleaning out what they no longer need and adding a few fun things. Here are some ideas to get you started:

• Give away clothes that they've outgrown.
  • Find a summer project for them to focus on. Grab a new puzzle or a new book or two.
  • Add summery touches to walls like these 3-D butterfly decals or stencil on something for all year long. These animals would work in all kinds of rooms.
  • Dust under the bed!
  • Reorganize furniture. Sometimes just moving the bed to the other side of the room can be exciting.

When did you last update your kids’ rooms? What will you do?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget to sign up here for the challenge so that you get a daily reminder!

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    letstalk747
    by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

they both are gonna help me clean out their closets and drawers

dstoutholcomb
    by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

great ideas

lifeisajoy
    by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Just this Past April-he got a new bed and we redid his room

countrygirlkat
    by Kathleen on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    1 mom liked this

We moved the kids to a completely different room a few months ago so that was exciting for them!  I think it is time to decorate the walls in their new room though so thanks for the idea!

justahousewife
    by Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Oh, not the kids room! LOL There is a monster under the bed and one in the closet. I'm sure if I were to poke my head into either I'd be swallowed alive. 

Well that's what the kids tell me. :)

I think I'll leave the kids room to them. But I could add a reward to it. Pretty new curtains and bed spreads to give it a fresh look.

Strega
    by Tami on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    1 mom liked this

We updated their Bedrooms last year when we moved in. There was still 70s Carpet in there from when I was growing up, and the Walls were still a very boring White. We replaced the Carpets and let the Kids choose the Color of the Walls for their own Rooms. They both went with Blue, but different shades.

I also decorated the Walls with Decals. Planets in our Son's Room, and our Daughter has Fairies and Butterflies on her Walls.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Janet
    by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    1 mom liked this

Add some decals I bought and never showed them. It will be a surprise.

mamamiajk
    by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I only have one living at home with me but when the other 2 got married they left all their junk with me!! LOL

critter_boo
    by Sarah on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    It has been awhile
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    jaytee
    by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    1 mom liked this
    Your kiddos rooms sound awesome! Got pics you'd care to share?

Quoting Strega:

We updated their Bedrooms last year when we moved in. There was still 70s Carpet in there from when I was growing up, and the Walls were still a very boring White. We replaced the Carpets and let the Kids choose the Color of the Walls for their own Rooms. They both went with Blue, but different shades.

I also decorated the Walls with Decals. Planets in our Son's Room, and our Daughter has Fairies and Butterflies on her Walls.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: