Smarter Mom: Summer Plans

Posted by   + Show Post

I wish I was the kind of mom who looks forward to summer vacation with almost as much anticipation as the kids do. But I am not. I....kind of hate it. I'm not exactly a camp counselor type who's brimming with fun, exciting activities to do, I hate heat, and I hate bugs. I was the kind of kid who spent all summer either riding my bike or with my nose in a book, not expecting my mom to provide me with activities. Plus, I work at home and am generally trying to keep them out of my hair amused while I am working.

On the other hand, I do not enjoy dealing with "I'm booooorrreeedddd" all summer, and I do want to make the most of this unstructured time I have with them. I'm going to check out this toolkit for a fun summer a friend of mine posted on Facebook; there are conversation starters, fun ideas, and activities for every week. I'm also trying to remember that what they want most is time with me, not super exciting peak experiences every single day.

What are your summer plans for your kids? And are you the kind of mom who says "Nooooo!" or "Hurray!" when that last bell rings?

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Replies (31-37):
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Day trips
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM

not saure just whatever

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

We hope to fit in a trip to my grandparents and then explore things around here. I am lookign forward to spending time at the river too when it gets a little lower

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

We are actually on Vacation in VT right now =)

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:22 AM

We are planning a lot of crafts for the next several weeks.

amy7243
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM

My kids love playing outside. The boys are signed up for baseball and basketball this summer.

mstef99
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I would SOOOOO give anything to go back to the days my son wanted me around in summer, lol.....just hanging out or being there when he came in or out with his friends gave me a "lift".  Son is 17 now and me and DH don't come into his "plans".  I say enjoy them and embrace it because it goes so fast!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: