Before you were a Stay at Home Mom..

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 44 Replies

What did you do for work (outside of the home) or if you still work what is your job (besides the obvious-being a MOMMY!! lol) Do you sell in Direct Sales, make crafts, work in a hospital, what do YOU do??

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkerxbell
by Emily on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I worked in customer service mostly, I think I liked working in a store over working in a call center..and for a little while I was somewhat of a personal assistant part time on an as needed basis, but that mostly involved running around town running errands for a lady who was too busy to do them herself.. I liked that job the best, it was pretty much effortless.

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I worked at Florida State University in a dept answering the phone and other things. I hated it..was ready to be a stay at home mommy. :)

slw123
by Shawna on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Before kids I worked as a Pharmacy Technician.  I kept my certification up for years, but recently decided to let it go because I'm not planning on going back to work and if I did it wouldn't be as a pharmacy tech.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I was a Physical Science Aide and Veterinary Assistant at a military research & development post.

YzmaRocks
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I worked as a nurse. I am a SAHM now :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets32285
by Jen on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I worked for my dad. He owns some convenience stores. I managed one for 2 years. Then I transferred out to our bigger store and ran the deli for over 2 years. I'm trying to get back to work. I've put in a few apps with 2 school districts here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClassyMom619
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I was in medical school & worked in the hospital.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I worked at a head start.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I've mostly been a SAHM since before I was married...Then I was a housewife...But I have worked outside the home answering phones for different catalog companies..I was there for 3 years...I didnt mind it at first but it got old quick...Then off and on I sold many different party plan things. Mostly I joined for the kit..Was cheaper than buying everything separately...And I've made candles, toys,barrettes...Mostly made for gifts..I do hope to open an etsy store someday..Just waiting on my lil one to get a bit older first.... 

Fields456
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I was the parts managers assistant at a large car dealership. Then I became the office manager/ graphic designer for my moms real estate company I am now a realtor( since 2007) / do all her graphics and computer work it's great cause I work from home so I get to stay home with my kids ( well the baby. And dd 6 during summer) I also make and sell jewelry ( when I find a free moment that I don't nap or clean lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: