Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Fashion: Tote Summer In Style

Posted by   + Show Post

When summer arrives, it seems like I have more stuff to take with us whenever we venture out and about. Sunscreen, bottles of water, playground toys, snacks, sunglasses, sun hats, flipflops...just much more to lug around. Which means I also need something to do that lugging with.

Enter the tote bag. Summer is such a good excuse to snatch up a new tote! I have my usual black bag that I tend to take everywhere, but with the warmer weather, something snaps and I'm drawn to lighter colors and fun prints.  Oh, there are so many to choose from...I narrowed it down to four that can work for any mom. Check these out!

Jute it, baby - This one on ebags is made of jute, meaning it is sturdy and has a fabulous texture. It comes in fours colors...I love the cool blue one.

Classic calls - Kmart brings us this perfect canvas tote. Heavy enough to haul tons of gear to the beach, but classic enough to also take to wine and a baguette to a picnic soiree.

Chic and handy - Just imagine this essential go-to bag on a plane or in the car as you are vacationing. Big, with room for maps and cameras and passports, without being too big. The three prints choice are chic, though I'm partial the black with polka dots.

Reuse and revamp your tote - A bag that automatically places you into the "cool mom" category is key. The folks over at Shine, a shop on Etsy.com, took some old coffee sacks and transformed them into that bag. Eco friendly, sturdy, and oh-so hip.

Do you switch bags with the season? Do you need a fabulous summer tote?

ŠiStockphoto.com/hatman12

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-32):
malexander2009
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I carry a purse(DH calls it my mini suitcase) and two diaper bags I don't think I need much more.

Kainalu55
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:52 AM

no...i rarely switch bags!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN