Group Home

Could this be life threatening?

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 47 Replies

I took my daughter to the park the other day. I felt fine when we arrived but within 20 minutes of us being there I all of a sudden got really dizzy and all I could see was black. I felt like I was going to pass out. I tried to get to my daughter first. After I got her I sat on the closet bench I could find. These nice ladies i sat beside asked me if I was ok. A couple minutes later my hands and wrists curled up and I could not move them. My muscles were so tight. My arms and legs got that way next then my back and face. I could not talk clearly anymore. The ladies got me some water and called my husband. One of them seemed to think I was having a panic attack. I have had those before but my chest would hurt and that was the extent of it. This time my chest was not hurting at all. My husband showed up about 20 minutes after they called him and my mmuscles were starting to unclinch. By the time we got home I was fine just extremely tired. Does anyone know what could have caused this? 

I was just wondering if anybody else thought this could b e seizures. I'm worried its going to happen again. I think I'll make an appointment next week. Thanks everyone. 

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
besosfantasies
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I would've gone to the ER. Make an appointment with your PCM. No, I do not know what it is or what could have caused it. But I'd be nervous.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM
wow that is so scary! im glad those ladies helped you. i would definitely talk to a dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlzcmjzajz
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
It almost sounds like you had a seizure, I'm no dr so I'm not sure but I used to have seizures & that sounds a lot like the really mild ones I had. I'd definitely see a dr if I were you...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofBoys838
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Yes, please make an appointment with your dr.  It sounds like a seizure to me, although I've never had one myself, my mom has.

ladybugMarie

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Sounds like a type of siezure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saille717
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM
I agree that it sounds like a seizure. It's important to see a doctor and find out why this happened. Why on earth didn't they call 911???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnd4
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM
That was worthy of an ER visit, you should follow up with you doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Make an appointment with your doctor!  It sounds like a seizure which could be related to heat and dehydration but could be something else.  Have yourself checked out!

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I'm not sure but it kind of sounds like dehydration maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting critter_boo:

Sounds like a type of siezure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.