Group Home

really!? how low can you be?

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM
  • 40 Replies

Ok, I don't rant in here that often, but I saw something this morning that really upset me!

I was on FB and saw that my FIL and stepMIL are going on a week vacation to go fishing this month. Now, back story (as to why I'm upset):

They were supposed to be flying in here the 6th, a few days ago. The last time they saw our daughter, she was 8 mos. Lorelai is now 2 and our new baby is 8 mos. They were flying out to see their grandchildren, that was their reasoning. So mother's day rolls around and dh forgot to call his stepmom. His mom lives near us and raised him, so he spent the day with her. stepMIL blew up facebook about how no one loves her and she's sad that she considered some people a son. blah blah..so we ended up getting a call a few days after that about how they have no time or money for a vacation (they had already purchased plane tickets), so maybe when we get our taxes next year we can go to see them. yeah, 3 small children on a plane, not a trip I want to take.

Fast forward to today, when I saw that they are so excited for their week away b/c they desperately need a vacation. It really irks me that someone could be so childish. I'm going to pick and choose my battles and not say anything. DH is such a daddy's boy though, and I know it'll hurt him when he finds out :(

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM
I am so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetpea1269
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:16 AM
That's sucky, good for you for not starting anything. I'm sure you'll have to deal with the fall out when he sees it tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brit0813
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Im not a fan of confrontation, but dh will be crushed which is why it bothers me so bad. honestly, I'd rather not deal with his stepmom.

Quoting sweetpea1269:

That's sucky, good for you for not starting anything. I'm sure you'll have to deal with the fall out when he sees it tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM

that's pretty crappy!  i hope your hubby doesn't take it too hard when he finds out.

i can relate to your frustration though.  i've had several family members that drive down my way on their way to the beach yet non stop to say hi.  & many say they don't have the money to come visit us then i find out they drove past us to a vacation they couldn't afford. 

it doesn't bother me personally.  i'm used to such for them but i get pissed because my kids rarely see their extended family.  my husband & i don't make much, living paycheck to paycheck.  we've been together for almost 10 years & have never had a honeymoon or a family vacation.  hubby works as a restaurant manager & it's hard for him to get many consecutive days off so it's hard for us to make the 12hr+ drive to see my family because most of his time off would be driving.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM

That is so sad that they are going to chose to go somewhere else instead of seeing their grandbabies. Hopefully they will come to their senses.

powow65
by kimmy on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM
wow. I am so sorry to hear that hun. *big hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Thats really sad.What a witch.HUgs!

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Wow, that sucks!  Sorry momma!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I'm sorry that you are dealing with family drama. HUGS!

Kristen1010
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM
How do you "forget" to call your Mom on Mothers Day? Sounds like her feelings are hurt and maybe she's living for herself - just like her son did on Mothers Day.

Don't let it get to you. Let your husband deal with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. amyjane22
  2. ceciliam
  3. childofgod04
  4. suziejax
  5. mrswillie
  6. SweetLuci