Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Your Home Ready For Summer Day 5: Love Your Living Room!

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM
  • 90 Replies
1 mom liked this

Many families spend a lot of time in theirs living (or family!) rooms. It should be a room that makes you happy and feels like your home. Here are a few ideas to help you love your living room:

• Add a rug. Start with something basic like this ivory one or be brave and add a little design with this abstract stripe rug.
  • Declutter. Throw out old magazines or candles that have burned too low. No need to keep them around.
  • Update your curtains. Hanging different curtains can change the look and feel of the entire room. If you need a little color, try something like these solid panels. You can also choose something with a pattern to pull together the rest of the colors in your room.  
  • Change the couch. You don't need to buy a new couch just because there are a couple stains or you want to update your color scheme. Simply get a couch cover to provide that 'new couch' feel.
  • Get cozy! Buy a couple throw pillows or make new covers for the ones you have.
  • Add a vase with flowers to brighten up the room.

What do you want to update in your living room?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget to sign up here for the challenge so that you get a daily reminder!

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM
We just moved into a new place and I really need to spruce the living room up.

I want new pillows for my couch and a area rug is a great idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM

New toss pillows!  We have great ones that came with our new furniture but I want light summer colors now

mommyto3bees
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I need a new couch lol
justahousewife
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm saving up for new carpet. Last year I redid the dinning room in cherry and oak. The dinning room and living room are one large room and use to be all beige carpet. Whoever though carpet in a dinning room was a good idea is... wrong. 

srbeusk
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
We'll be moving soon but I generally just rearrange when I want a new look, lol. I need to replace the curtains, though, if we aren't out before the weather warms up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I repainted it last year and I keep up on the shampooing of the carpets, I have rearranged family photos into groups now,what I really want & money is an oject to  do this is I want to replace the love seat recliner I have had for over 20 yrs and get 2 new matching recliners in their place.

I would like to update the curtains also & get new blinds but as before money is an object right now.

I do have 1 pillow I use everyday that needs a new cover for it I will be making something new for it.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I need to declutter the living room

tnvplus2
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I am going to get some new curtains. Our old ones definitely need to be replaced. A couple throw pillows wouldn't hurt either, but with how hot it gets a different kind of curtain is needed.
gmadiane
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I just moved and I really need to paint

Strega
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I love our Living Room. The Couch and Loveseat will eventually need to be replaced, but they've been going for nearly 33 years now. We may Paint at some point in the future.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)