Group Home

would you consider this rude? edited with a lil more info =)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM
  • 33 Replies

Our neighbors are a good 150feet or more away, at least once a week when we step out on the porch we can hear them LOUDLY... I mean we live right next to the highway and we can hear them over the traffic... It sounds like a mic and amp because you can hear the reverb from it.. Anyways we enjoy sitting on our front porch and talking after the boys are asleep and it's nice out but we can't even carry a conversation because of the noise, it is so loud that we can't hear each other half the time over it. They have 3 young kids the oldest maybe 7 youngest looks 3-4. I can only imagine how loud it is on the kids if it's loud enough for us to hear it over here.

Edit: lol I seen alot of people were asking if we talked to them and an edit would be easier then to repeat that answer for everyone =) We have spoke to them, our landlords (also their landlords) have spoke to them on many occassions, they most definitely know it's too loud.

It's not that big a deal I mean it annoyed me to death while it was goin on last night but eh today's a new day. 

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM
wow yeah that's rude IMO.

our neighbors kids walk in our yard and take whatever they please...busted up a METAL bat df left outside!! takes toys (luckily we dont use them), scatters them...and messes with our car! they really annoy me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Yep
Our neightbors like to ride their dirt bikes up and down our street at 2 am. Wakes me up and they have no business on the road.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2b39465
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:29 AM

It's the same at my MIL's house. I just dont think the neighbors realize that, when it's cloudy, the sound they make bounces off the clouds and makes it loud and clear to us. Same when it's windy.

hfaddis
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I'm sure our neighbors kiddos would too if ours wasn't fenced in, I've seen a few things here recently that concern me.

Quoting proudmommy690:

our neighbors kids walk in our yard and take whatever they please...busted up a METAL bat df left outside!! takes toys (luckily we dont use them), scatters them...and messes with our car! they really annoy me.

hfaddis
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I'm pretty sure my neighbors know that's the sad part. our landlords (same as theirs) have talked to them about this and several issues before... is it mean for me to wish for new, less disruptive neighbors? lol

Quoting mommy2b39465:

It's the same at my MIL's house. I just dont think the neighbors realize that, when it's cloudy, the sound they make bounces off the clouds and makes it loud and clear to us. Same when it's windy.

hfaddis
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:33 AM

we had a neighbor like that, he lived Right behind our house and was doing that all the time, recently his mom sold the place to his uncle though and his uncle kicked him out for stealing from his business lol now we have peaceful wonderful neighbors =)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Yep
Our neightbors like to ride their dirt bikes up and down our street at 2 am. Wakes me up and they have no business on the road.

mommy2b39465
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:38 AM

lol nope, but just remember: if you get new neighbors, they could be even worse, like you could be hearing strings of cuss words carrying over the wind, or 'domestic disputes' coming in loud and clear.

Quoting hfaddis:

I'm pretty sure my neighbors know that's the sad part. our landlords (same as theirs) have talked to them about this and several issues before... is it mean for me to wish for new, less disruptive neighbors? lol

Quoting mommy2b39465:

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM
The neighbors behind us are loud i can usually hear every word they say. Their youngest grandson tried to take beans plastic basketball hoop once. He isnt allowed outside alone anymore. He was 6 at the time. The neighbors next to us are also very loud when they take the domestic disputes to the street. And of course you can hear my sister yell at her 3 boys more often than not. I am so ready to move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM
probably...i wish we could fence in the yard. they walk right on through it like its theirs.

Quoting hfaddis:

I'm sure our neighbors kiddos would too if ours wasn't fenced in, I've seen a few things here recently that concern me.

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hfaddis
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM

lol i'm sure you are right, though we have heard a fair share of it from these ones =)

Quoting mommy2b39465:

lol nope, but just remember: if you get new neighbors, they could be even worse, like you could be hearing strings of cuss words carrying over the wind, or 'domestic disputes' coming in loud and clear.

Quoting hfaddis:

Quoting mommy2b39465:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci