Group Home

So here is my before picture (sorry it's a bit blurry)

Here is my 1 month picture - blow dried & flat ironed.  

I need to take a recent picture with my curls. I have been wearing it curly a lot because it wasn't manageable straight. It also was getting very dry on the ends & felt like straw. So I did some experimenting. I am still using the sea salt/cucumber curl spray that I made. 

Here are my curls today. The only thing in them is the home made sea salt spray. My greys are starting to get a curl to them & cooperate better. They've changed significantly since the first honey treatment.

I still wash with the baking soda mixture. I don't have a set schedule of certain days, just if it feels like it needs to be washed, I wash it. I have noticed that my curl is better on water only days. I changed up the conditioning rinse tho. Instead of mixing just acv & water, I added honey to it. I did this on Thursday & the results were amazing! My hair felt so soft again on the ends. So on Saturday I did a pure honey treatment. (I had horrible results with the olive oil treatment, but I read that honey actually rinses out very easily). I just rubbed honey on the ends of my hair & then clipped it up. I left it for about 45 minutes & then rinsed it out in the shower. That was the first day that my hair was manageable straight. It didn't get as tangled as before & was shiny. It really did rinse out easy too. I think it's going to be a part of my hair routine. I've kept the honey in my acv rinse & have been feeling like my hair is progressively getting better.

Here's the original post if you want to go laugh at how horrible my olive oil treatment was lol

Can yall see a difference in my hair? I know that I can, but I'm wondering about everyone else.  

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Its around 1.5 tbs honey & 1 tbs acv with a cup of water (I eyeball the measurements). That lasts me all week.
Quoting Amberleigh81:

I will have to try honey! Thanks! How much do you put in your rinse (ratio)?

I have been no-pooing for a few months and love it... except my ends do get dry. I rub a dab of coconut oil on them sometimes...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Thanks! I'm going to try it... do you use raw honey or store honey?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Its local wildflower honey from the farmers market

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Thanks! I'm going to try it... do you use raw honey or store honey?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks really nice :)

LilMissCupcake
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:38 AM

looks great

thehickinhickor
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:40 AM

some what 

Fields456
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Your hair looks so much better

What mix are u using being no poo
momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM
To wash it's baking soda & water. Around 1 tbs bs to 1 cup water. I was conditioning with acv & water but my hair was starting to feel like straw so now it's honey, acv & water.

Quoting Fields456:

Your hair looks so much better

What mix are u using being no poo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daerca574
by Danya on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I think your hair looks amazing!!

powow65
by kimmy on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM
i only saw the 1st pic. (im mobile) sorry hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky