When you move into a new house

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM
  • 71 Replies

not brand new but lived in do you replace your toilets seats?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM

lol i do

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM
No. But i do wash the house before moving in. Mainly cuz we rent and i am not paying for a new toilet seat every time we move
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No. Anything creepy from the priors died 2 minutes (at most) after they got off the throne the last time.

I MIGHT wipe down the bathroom with a lysol wipe, if I remember.

mom2jessnky
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

You don't need to do this. Since you're renting the landlord/management company/owner is required by Federal Law to have the house cleaned, walls painted and the carpet steam cleaned before you move in. Cleaning after that is superfluous. It's your choice, but it's not necessary.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

No. But i do wash the house before moving in. Mainly cuz we rent and i am not paying for a new toilet seat every time we move

catchup29
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Only once did I, because they had a cushioned one, with cracks in it. So gross!
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM
I didn't but we moved into grandmas house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM
It makes me feel better to know that it truely is clean. I have moved in to places that were claimed to be cleaned then sat empty for several months. They did a 'wipe'down but being allergic to dust it is easier to spend a day cleaning then trying to clean and unpack.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

You don't need to do this. Since you're renting the landlord/management company/owner is required by Federal Law to have the house cleaned, walls painted and the carpet steam cleaned before you move in. Cleaning after that is superfluous. It's your choice, but it's not necessary.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM

i just cant sit on someone elses seat lmao unless im on vaca and i scrub the hell out of those hotel seats before using it

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Yes.

Karissa_ruiz
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: