Group Home

do you ever tell a "white lie" about.....

Posted by   + Show Post
how much money you have in your purse/bank/any where? (to you lover/family members/kids/friends?) me, yes but about maybe $5 "less" or say im "broke", (so people wont "bug me" about "borrowing money" or "lending" them some money "until 'blank' date".) >.> ...... I've dealt with TOO MANY "user's" & "lazy people". (aka, people WHO WONT EVER GET A DARN JOB!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
powow65
by kimmy on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM
lmao! My DD ALWAYS DEMANDS money from grandpa. Lol

Quoting lizzig:

same here!  my kids know not to ask me for anything because "i never have money" (they don't grasp debit cards yet ;o)  hubby prefers to carry cash so they know papi always has money! ;o)

Quoting proudmommy690:

ha! i dont have to lie...i have nothing and everyone knows that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
lol i dont even have that.

Quoting lizzig:

same here!  my kids know not to ask me for anything because "i never have money" (they don't grasp debit cards yet ;o)  hubby prefers to carry cash so they know papi always has money! ;o)

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

never said there was money in the account! ;o)

Quoting proudmommy690:

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting proudmommy690:

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM
lol

Quoting lizzig:

never said there was money in the account! ;o)

Quoting proudmommy690:

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Sometimes I do!

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Used to I would tell people we were broke. My SIL or MIL was constantly wanting to borrow money. Every now and then one of my nieces will call and ask if I have anything for them to do for money, I tried that once... Never again lol. Usually when I pay someone to do something for me such as clean or babysit, I pay very well. My DH has gotten on to me for it lol. I had my nieces come over. I told 1 to do the dishes, 1 to clean the living room, and 1 to clean my oldest DD's room. This was when she was still too young to really clean her own room. The one that washed the dishes waited till all the suds were gone and the water was cold. I had to rewash everything. The one that cleaned the living room, didn't really do anything, I had to go through and redo it. The one that cleaned my oldest DD's room shoved stuff wherever it would fit no matter what it was. She still does that actually lol. I had to redo my DD's room. They were never really properly taught how to clean. I have found dirty clothes and trash in my DD's toybox before.. 

sweetpea1269
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Nobody really asks me about money. I guess it would depend on who is asking. I wouldn't tell anyone what I have. I'd just tell them I don't have it to lend, which I don't, what's in savings doesn't count and I only keep in checking what we need for bills, food and gas, so I have no money to lend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM
I agree here

Quoting rebeccasmly:

No. It's no one's business but DH's what's in my purse or our bank account.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Not really, we just tell them that we don't have any extra money

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I sure do because I very rarely have any money in my wallet and when I do I never tell anyone how much I have.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. proudmommy690
  2. cemcnair
  3. melliburger
  4. ScrChk23
  5. Ladyisis
  6. momofsixangels