Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His corner of the world is getting smaller & smaller!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 15 Replies

I have a 16 yo son. His father has been in and out of his life for the first years.  Finally about 4 years ago, he dropped out totally after the court limited him to 2 hours every other week supervised because he had taken ds drinking and driving.  The care went up on an embankment.

Anyway, he has been running from support for the past 15 years. I use to get a little here and there, but never anything steady.  I would recieve it for a couple months then he would stop.  He owes me over $24k.  I use to get upset, but it just isn't worth it.  I let the state handle it. 

In March I found out he was trying to get disability.  A withholding and attachment was sent by the state immediately. If a lump sum payment comes, it will come to me. Also, regular support payments will be with held.

I got another letter from the state yesterday saying they sent a withholding order to his source of income. I called and found out he is going for workman's comp. Again, if a lump sum is paid, it will come to me.

Woohoo! His little corner is getting smaller & smaller!

For the record, dh has been supporting dh for over 11 years now. Ds is well taken care of.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Oh wow, that is awesome. I don't understand why some people try to run from child support. It will always catch up on them in the end, just like everything else in life.

daerca574
by Danya on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I hope you get something!  Would be nice to save for College!

besosfantasies
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Drinking AND driving with his child in the car? He would never see my son again. I'm very glad your ds has your dh in his life.

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I hope you get ut
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quoting besosfantasies:

Drinking AND driving with his child in the car? He would never see my son again. I'm very glad your ds has your dh in his life.

I wish it were that easy.  I had tried for years to limit him to supervised visitation because of the drinking.  He had 5 DWI's before this and the courts still let him have him every other weekend AND allowed ex to drive him in a car! (I hate the Maryland court system)

Actually, since he has dropped out of ds's life it is easier on ds.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Quoting daerca574:

I hope you get something!  Would be nice to save for College!

Actually, ds does not want to go to college.  He is opting for culinary school.  he loves cooking and baking and is great at it.  He has and still is taking many pro-start courses in high school.

besosfantasies
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I'm appalled and surprised at the same time. I had to get a lawyer for the judge to even listen to my ex's lack of parenting skill.

I can only imagine it being easier on him! Hopefully he'll just leave ya'll alone.. 

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting besosfantasies:

I wish it were that easy.  I had tried for years to limit him to supervised visitation because of the drinking.  He had 5 DWI's before this and the courts still let him have him every other weekend AND allowed ex to drive him in a car! (I hate the Maryland court system)

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Quoting besosfantasies:

I'm appalled and surprised at the same time. I had to get a lawyer for the judge to even listen to my ex's lack of parenting skill.

I can only imagine it being easier on him! Hopefully he'll just leave ya'll alone.. 

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting besosfantasies:

He hasn't seen ds in several years.  He did text my cell on Christmas eve.  It said "Marry christmas Love dad and max". I had to laugh, not at the lack of speeling but at the fact Max is his old dog...who had been dead for 6 months! (I know this because when he and his girlfriend broke up, the dof stayed with his ex)

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Thats good

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Good that jerk is gonna get whats coming to him for ditching is baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN