Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His corner of the world is getting smaller & smaller!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 16 yo son. His father has been in and out of his life for the first years.  Finally about 4 years ago, he dropped out totally after the court limited him to 2 hours every other week supervised because he had taken ds drinking and driving.  The care went up on an embankment.

Anyway, he has been running from support for the past 15 years. I use to get a little here and there, but never anything steady.  I would recieve it for a couple months then he would stop.  He owes me over $24k.  I use to get upset, but it just isn't worth it.  I let the state handle it. 

In March I found out he was trying to get disability.  A withholding and attachment was sent by the state immediately. If a lump sum payment comes, it will come to me. Also, regular support payments will be with held.

I got another letter from the state yesterday saying they sent a withholding order to his source of income. I called and found out he is going for workman's comp. Again, if a lump sum is paid, it will come to me.

Woohoo! His little corner is getting smaller & smaller!

For the record, dh has been supporting dh for over 11 years now. Ds is well taken care of.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Replies (11-15):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM

That's great...I don't understand men wanting to make the babys, but NOT SUPPORT the babys...Glad I have a REAL man...And sounds like YOUR DH is a REAL MAN as well....

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Still can get pricey tho depending on where he goes. Good for him tho.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting daerca574:

I hope you get something!  Would be nice to save for College!

Actually, ds does not want to go to college.  He is opting for culinary school.  he loves cooking and baking and is great at it.  He has and still is taking many pro-start courses in high school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I wish they would enforcce for DD's bio dad. He is even more in arrears than your ex...

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

I wish they would enforcce for DD's bio dad. He is even more in arrears than your ex...

I think it depends on where you live, and the number of cases.  I live in a very rural area so I deal directly with my case worker, not a 1-800 number.  SHe knows my situation and remembers me everytime I call.  Their is only one worker for my county.  When I lived in Maryland, I was getting no where.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM

hope you see some $$ soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)