Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Child's Heroes

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM
  • 15 Replies

Who do your kids admire and want to be like? My 6-year-old told me she wants to be like Jackie Chan! I approve ;)

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids wanna be Mario and Sonic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daerca574
by Danya on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

My son wants to be Kai the Ninjago Ninja. . haha

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd (5) wants to be a princess, any princess!  lol  My ds (2) changes from Wyatt on Super Why to Max from Max and Ruby to Kwazi from the Octonaughts!  lol

holmes212
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Spiderman
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM

My oldest has a full life a head of her lmao. She don't have one specific hero except of course her daddy, but she has many things she wants to be. An astronaut, archeologist, bird watcher, secret spy, and go to work with her daddy. That last one we are not ok with lol. He works in a chemical plant. 

Karissa_ruiz
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My DDs only 10 months :) no childhood Heros yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

My brother works in a chemical plant. I understand!

Quoting ashleymosq:

My oldest has a full life a head of her lmao. She don't have one specific hero except of course her daddy, but she has many things she wants to be. An astronaut, archeologist, bird watcher, secret spy, and go to work with her daddy. That last one we are not ok with lol. He works in a chemical plant. 

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM

If you have the right craft for a chemical plant, it can be good money. Also if you work for the right company inside the plant, but def not something I want my baby girl to do. 

Quoting fraujones:

Quoting ashleymosq:

fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM

My brother works at a formaldehyde plant and he makes good money there. He also teaches Art classes at a State University. He hasn't quit the plant job because the pay is good, but he'd like to. Once he got chemicals in his eyes through his goggles somehow. The health risks (known and unknown) can be scary. 

Quoting ashleymosq:

If you have the right craft for a chemical plant, it can be good money. Also if you work for the right company inside the plant, but def not something I want my baby girl to do. 

Quoting fraujones:

Quoting ashleymosq:

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM

My dad and brother also work in a chemical plant. They tell me about how there are some chemicals that they have to deal with that once you smell them, it's too late.. It is so freaking scary. About a year or so ago some guy that works with my dad put something in the hotbox, that is something used to slowly heat up some chemicals. Well this thing was not supposed to go in it, and it exploded. My dad had to help clean up the mess and now every year him and some others that were exposed have to have special tests run to make sure they dont have cancer...  Some how that guy still works there. There is a plant across the road from where my dad works that is constanly having people leave and go home because of serious headaches and nose bleeds. I hate living in this area because we have the most chemical plants and the highest rates for cancer. Look up cancer rates for Brazoria county Texas...

Quoting fraujones:

My brother works at a formaldehyde plant and he makes good money there. He also teaches Art classes at a State University. He hasn't quit the plant job because the pay is good, but he'd like to. Once he got chemicals in his eyes through his goggles somehow. The health risks (known and unknown) can be scary. 

Quoting ashleymosq:

Quoting fraujones:

Quoting ashleymosq:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)