Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Vacation Packing

Posted by   + Show Post

We lucked into a few days at a house in my favorite beach town (South Haven, MI) for later this month, and I cannot WAIT. Swimming, grilling, beach picnics, sunsets....bring it ON.

Of course, with all that comes packing. In previous years we've gone with my whole family, so I could stash some things in my parents' big SUV....after all, they don't have car seats in the back! This year, it's just us, so we are going to be cramming everything into every inch of our small wagon.

I have a huge tendency to overpack and conveniently forget they actually have stores there if we run out of sunblock or break a flip-flop. This year, due to our limited space, I am forcing myself to go minimalist. It's much easier because my kids are older and no longer require the pack-and-play, bouncer, etc. And this is also our first year where no one is in diapers, so hurray!

My must-haves are: multiple swimsuits for all so there's always a dry one, a soft-sided cooler bag for beach picnics, more beach towels than I think we could possibly ever need plus a few extra, and sunscreen that doesn't make my daughter's sensitive skin break out in a rash (the rest of us can buy ours there if need be). Games, cards and movies for rainy days, too. After all, if we bring our whole house with us it doesn't feel like vacation!

What are your vacation packing must-haves?

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Facial cleanser/moisturizer SPF,chapstick. Those are my cannot leave home without!

lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM

i havent been on a vaction in so long lol. umm clothes and a cell phone?

mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I have to stay at nice hotels 4 star is a must. With little children we spend a lot of time in our room so we need nice and luxerious place to stay. I also must have a seperate room, such as a sitting room. Extra bonus if the room has a fridge and a microwave or better yet KITCHEN! lol hotel needs a pool and a gym. I love a free breakfast ;)

mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

besides the lodging... I need to have flip flops, comfy clothes for myself and the kids. I need to bring running shoes and going out shoes. Chapstick, toothbrush and toothpaste (obviously), sunscreen, my sunglasses phone and charger!

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Sandals, camera, makeup, clothes and toiletries

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Diapers sunscreen pillows wipes extra BA y stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Our drive to our vacation spotis 14 hours, so we need stuff to do in the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM
MY kids love their games and movies for the car ride.
LilMissCupcake
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:29 AM

we never go on vacations :(

nlonnon
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM
I am packing now...or should be! Sunscreen and bug spray are at the top of the musts for our family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)