SAHM's and Fathers day presents.

Posted by   + Show Post

Since your dh is the main provider, the one who makes the money. How do you go about getting a gift?

JOIN US ON:

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
ashleywagoner
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM
The money dh makes is considered our money. I am a saver though, not a big spender anyway...never have been.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM

July 14th is the wedding date and the time it seems is going so slow but by time vacation gets here it is going to fly by, it always does.  LOL

Quoting KristinRox:

Wow.. thats so awesome!!!! When is this going to take place? 

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I am so excited, Kristin!!!  My cousin is getting married in Erie and she has asked me to dance with our Grandad while the bridal party dances and when they are announcing the bridal party at the reception I get to walk my Grandad out while they announce him.  I lied, I am beyond excited!!!!  :-)

Quoting KristinRox:

Sounds like you are going to have a great trip to PA. Thats pretty exciting. 

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I feel bad too, Kristin taking his hard earned money to buy him a Father's Day gift but this year he doesn't want anything, he wants to save our money so that we will be able to make it to PA.

Samanthamommy
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:19 PM

We consider our money our money regardless of who makes more, we share it equally. 

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I definitely feel that any money dh earns is our money. Still, i would think it weird for me to take money he has earned to buy his gift. He pretty much bought it for himself, i would have just picked it out.

I don't use my accounts for much, usually i use his or the joint account. For gifts, however, i only use money that i have earned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I provide too. So, not that hard.

hfaddis
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM

mine tells me the money is our money, he says me staying home and raising the boys the way we feel we should raise them is just as much a job as him going to work every day. lol I love him =) right now he is still laid off for the summer *should be back to work in two weeks thank goodness lol we are all ready for that but i will miss having his help at home during the day and spending more family time* so this year we aren't doing anything big for father's day, didn't for mother's day either, I will make sure he gets a special dinner he wants and stuff like that, and if I can get time when he is busy doing something else then I am going to help our boys make him something.

malexander2009
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I ordered it online. He may make the money. But I do the finances, so it's quite easy for me to hid it.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I feel like such a loser getting him a gift with his money lol. We always says, "It's our money". I know we are married and that's true, but I still don't like it! This year for Father's day I got him some shorts, a shirt, and my DD made him an adorable card at school. He will also get breakfast in bed. Usually he will want something pretty expensive for his bday or Christmas, so he will just order it and call it his gift lol and we do the same for me. He always gets homemade cards though along with cakes for his bday. On Christmas I was able to get him an NRA range bag with my own own money, so he had no clue! I was very excited to give that one to him!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

What Brian wants doesn't cost HIM money..lol...

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM
We don't see it as he earns it so it's his money. It is our money so I simply go out and buy what I want to buy for him. I usually have the boys make him something from each of them along with their cards they make for him. This year he got some games and accessories for the PS3 and a new tacklebox from me. He already got his gifts from me though and I am thinking about buying one of those ice cream cakes from DQ for him this weekend.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: