Get Your Home Ready For Summer Day 10: Bathroom Basics

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 73 Replies

It’s time to clean and organize your bathroom! It's easy to just throw things under the sink, but today you're going to see what's under there! Before you even start cleaning, go through the things in your bathtub, cabinets, drawers and sink:

• Get rid of items in drawers or the shower that you no longer use.
  • Clean up the overflowing toothpaste tubes, sticky lotion jars, and all the residue on the shelves.
  • Get rid of expired products.
  • Throw out things you've been saving 'in case you need them' but haven't used yet this year.
  • Throw out cleaning supplies that are empty or past their prime.
  • Throw the bath mat and towels into the wash.

Finally, clean the floor, sink, toilet, and shower. Give everything a good scrub!

If you've done that and are still looking for something to do, think about how you might want to update your bathroom. You might get new storage, add a cute basket for under the sink, or put a special photograph in a frame on the wall.

When's the last time you really cleaned and organized your bathroom? 

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget to sign up here for the challenge so that you get a daily reminder!

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midnghtsprnkle
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Thanks

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Yesterday I did that it was bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this

My bathrooms are clean. We just moved into this house so I purged before that (why I had 8000 bottles with 1 use of conditioner was beyond me... those got tossed). I cleaned the bathrooms yesterday because we had people over for dinner and even though they're my best friends a dirty bathroom is inexcusable. My desk can be a train wreck when friends come over, but the bathroom will always be clean and good smelling.

I do want to update my bathroom decor though, I saw a thing on pinterest and I want to do it!!

I love the 2 curtains thing, such a cool change and the colors are fantastic. Since my bathroom already has the stormy grey tiles, I just need to do the yellow and yellow is the best color EVER so it's all good. :)

Moms_Angels1960
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I purged lots during the spring cleaning challenge but it never hurts to go through everything again. I just repainted the main bathroom Tuesday so it looks so clean and then of course I had to clean up everything afterward.

powow65
by kimmy on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:14 AM
you know what, lmao! All those things you just said, i NEED TO DO! Old lotions, old razors, tons of tooth paste! Lmao! Sadly all we have is the sink as our "bathrrom space" so we throw stuff under the sink. ...... But yeah! I'll sign up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM

this is the one chore i hate doing.  if i could afford it i'd pay someone just to come in & clean the bathrooms for me.  i hate it!!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I did too and it needed done!

Quoting critter_boo:

Yesterday I did that it was bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Exactly! I hate it, but I have four sons and of course a husband. It's pee central all over the floor and toilet...nasty!
I have to clean the toilet well every few days, or it gets to smelling and looking like a truck stop bathroom.

Quoting lizzig:

this is the one chore i hate doing.  if i could afford it i'd pay someone just to come in & clean the bathrooms for me.  i hate it!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I do it occasionally. It gets pretty cluttered since the counter is so small and the three kids mainly use the front one. Plus I like to keep stocked up on shampoos, body washes, tooth brushes and tooth paste. There are some things that need to go though

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM
LOL same here! Although I did finally clean that stuff out.

Quoting powow65:

you know what, lmao! All those things you just said, i NEED TO DO! Old lotions, old razors, tons of tooth paste! Lmao! Sadly all we have is the sink as our "bathrrom space" so we throw stuff under the sink. ...... But yeah! I'll sign up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: