Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Your Home Ready For Summer Day 10: Bathroom Basics

Posted by   + Show Post

It’s time to clean and organize your bathroom! It's easy to just throw things under the sink, but today you're going to see what's under there! Before you even start cleaning, go through the things in your bathtub, cabinets, drawers and sink:

• Get rid of items in drawers or the shower that you no longer use.
  • Clean up the overflowing toothpaste tubes, sticky lotion jars, and all the residue on the shelves.
  • Get rid of expired products.
  • Throw out things you've been saving 'in case you need them' but haven't used yet this year.
  • Throw out cleaning supplies that are empty or past their prime.
  • Throw the bath mat and towels into the wash.

Finally, clean the floor, sink, toilet, and shower. Give everything a good scrub!

If you've done that and are still looking for something to do, think about how you might want to update your bathroom. You might get new storage, add a cute basket for under the sink, or put a special photograph in a frame on the wall.

When's the last time you really cleaned and organized your bathroom? 

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget to sign up here for the challenge so that you get a daily reminder!

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
blondie.mom
by Charity on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM
We just moved in, so I got to clean and organize everything :)
I would like to go get a new bath mat set though.
tabby1979
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM

ugh...so dont wanna do this but my bathroom needs it.

letstalk747
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

thanks

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Funny, that's what I've been doing all am. I have also vowed never to buy blue gel toothpaste again, lol.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM
So i have really need to do some of that. Under the sink is a total mess. But its mostly still in boxes. I really need to find the vasoline!! great excuse to clean
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:41 PM

This is my job for tonight after giving my kids a bath.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I cleaned my bathroom Wednesday, but I need to do the shower. I bought a new shower liner too so I figured I will take the shower curtain down and wash it, clean shower, then put up new liner and curtain.

I totally need to clean under my vanity sink. That IS unorganized. I have gone through our white cabinet recently.

Bmat
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I did it over a period of a couple weeks this spring.

Amy127
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I already scrubbed down the bathroom and the mats are drying. Before I even looked at this post. Hope the rest of my day goes just as good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:20 PM
I am updating my bathroom right now. We painted the gold wall last night. The black trim on sunday. Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)