Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Styling Your Guy

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 46 Replies

Sunday is Father's Day, and there's a good chance that at least part of your guy's gift is some new clothes. Of course the classic gift is a tie, but polos, shorts and dress shirts are pretty popular as well.
This whole thing made me wonder: Am I the only person who pretty much styles my husband all the time? A friend of ours once remarked on how my son was like a little bitty version of my husband, and I started laughing and explained that the same person bought all their clothes, so of course they dressed the same!

It's not that my husband can't buy his own clothes and look perfectly fine...he did for 28 years before I met him! It's that I just like to buy stuff for him because I know what will make him look even cuter and what he will like...pretty much all his favorite clothes are, in fact, courtesy of me. Also, like many guys he doesn't want to spend any money on himself. If he's not going to be dressed in rags, I'm the one who will be buying him new things. And, of course, he hates to shop.

Do you buy your husband's clothes or does he shop on his own?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I would say half and half.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:14 AM

When we were married I did.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I usually buy his clothes.  But I know what he likes to wear and I would never buy him something to try and change his style.

powow65
by kimmy on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:47 AM
my SO buys HIS OWN CLOTHS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:48 AM
I can some things but mostly he does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnghtsprnkle
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM

he shops with me , usually picks his own clothes though..

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:40 AM

i try to buy my husband clothes but he rarely wears what i buy.  he's a jeans & t-shirt kinda guy, which is fine by me but for the fact that his shirts & most of his jeans are old & faded.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I buy them occasionally, but he wears just basic jeans and a t-shirt. I usually get him one around his birthday and christmas to hopefuly replace a few that he ruins.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM

My husband still wears shirts that he burnt a bunch of little holes in wheh he wore it welding almost 4 years ago. I can't get him to throw them away even though he has plenty of other ones. Then he complains when I buy him a new one saying he doesn't need any. He doesn't seem to get the hint. Even when I askl him to throw them away he doesn't

Quoting lizzig:

i try to buy my husband clothes but he rarely wears what i buy.  he's a jeans & t-shirt kinda guy, which is fine by me but for the fact that his shirts & most of his jeans are old & faded.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Nope..He's pretty much the same as when I met him 22 years ago...Tshirts,shorts,jeans,tanks,baseball cap..He will throw in a button up shirt for church with his jeans..It's worked for many years for us...I liked his style when we met, being married doesn't give me a right to change him...He'll do that on his own if he wants..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)