Group Home

Smarter Style: Styling Your Guy

Posted by   + Show Post

Sunday is Father's Day, and there's a good chance that at least part of your guy's gift is some new clothes. Of course the classic gift is a tie, but polos, shorts and dress shirts are pretty popular as well.
This whole thing made me wonder: Am I the only person who pretty much styles my husband all the time? A friend of ours once remarked on how my son was like a little bitty version of my husband, and I started laughing and explained that the same person bought all their clothes, so of course they dressed the same!

It's not that my husband can't buy his own clothes and look perfectly fine...he did for 28 years before I met him! It's that I just like to buy stuff for him because I know what will make him look even cuter and what he will like...pretty much all his favorite clothes are, in fact, courtesy of me. Also, like many guys he doesn't want to spend any money on himself. If he's not going to be dressed in rags, I'm the one who will be buying him new things. And, of course, he hates to shop.

Do you buy your husband's clothes or does he shop on his own?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
wandep
by Pam on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I would say half and half. He is very picky at what he wears. LOL

nana9106
by Darlene on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I always buy his clothes. He can't wrap his brain aroud what matches and what don't LOL

ethans_momma06
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM

He's a big boy. He can buy his own clothes.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I let my dh pick out his own clothes.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM
No, he is picky. Likes to pick out most of his things. I do get to buy things for him that I like on him as gifts..Christmas, birthday. He does like them too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I don't buy my husband clothes, pick them out, or tell him how to dress. He's an adult, if he can't dress himself there's a huge problem.

I think I've bought a couple uniform pieces for him before but that doesn't count, especially since he gave an extremely detailed list of what he needed, color and what it looked like and I still had to ask the guy at the uniform shop what things were. :P

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Oh he is stylish all by himself!

lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

he gets his own :P

mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM

My husband enjoys shopping on his own... well he likes to shop WITH me for opinions but he wants to be able to try his clothes on.

smorekids
by Jenny on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Things that I like for my hubby he doesn't like. I just make suggestion's. He'd never wear the clothes I would buy for him. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci