Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Styling Your Guy

Posted by   + Show Post

Sunday is Father's Day, and there's a good chance that at least part of your guy's gift is some new clothes. Of course the classic gift is a tie, but polos, shorts and dress shirts are pretty popular as well.
This whole thing made me wonder: Am I the only person who pretty much styles my husband all the time? A friend of ours once remarked on how my son was like a little bitty version of my husband, and I started laughing and explained that the same person bought all their clothes, so of course they dressed the same!

It's not that my husband can't buy his own clothes and look perfectly fine...he did for 28 years before I met him! It's that I just like to buy stuff for him because I know what will make him look even cuter and what he will like...pretty much all his favorite clothes are, in fact, courtesy of me. Also, like many guys he doesn't want to spend any money on himself. If he's not going to be dressed in rags, I'm the one who will be buying him new things. And, of course, he hates to shop.

Do you buy your husband's clothes or does he shop on his own?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
tayanddyl
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I don't have a husband or SO to style but I do have a teenage son.  I do all of his shopping for him.  He's still trying to find his style, and if I left it up to him he would wear tee shirts and jeans everyday, everywhere!

OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I normally buy his clothes. He's with me but he wants me to pick them out. He says that I have a better 'eye for style' than what he does.

fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I buy him silly boxers, and that's about it. He doesn't let me dress him. 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:47 AM
He does all his own shopping. He's picky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluegarnet79
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:48 AM
My guy likes his t-shirts and jeans. He shops for himself with me along. He has a few nicer shirts with buttons,but those are worn on special occasions. I have bought him clothes over the years and they get use rarely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I do all of his shopping. He hates going to stores.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Jun. 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM

He gets his own, and he never dresses up unless someone gets married or dies. T Shirts and jeans.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:22 PM

He buys his own

RutterMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:10 PM

We shop together usually.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I buy them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)