Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Stretch and Smile

Posted by   + Show Post

You schlep kids' backpacks, that purse that seems to spawn juice bottles and permission forms, groceries bags and sometimes, too pooped to walk kiddos. At the end of the day or even in the middle of a hectic morning, your body needs a break to keep it healthy. Enter the stretch. A few quick poses and pulls of our limbs can make any mom's back (and arms and legs and belly buttons) feel like they can face the rest of the day.

Try a few of these and let me know if you can tell a difference. For all of them, hold the pose for at least a minute, if not more, breathing slowly in for five through your nose and out for five from your mouth.

Cat Back Stretch - Stand and clasp your hands in front of you with your arms straight out. Round your back as your press forward in the air.

Hug It out Stretch - Lie on the floor on your back. Pull both knees to your chest, wrapping your arms around them. Breath deeply with this one.

Weird Soccer Move Stretch - Still on the floor, with knees bent. Extend one leg up and place you hands behind that leg's knee and pull it toward you. Switch legs.

Share your favorite stretch with the rest of us!

©iStockphoto.com/Yuri­_Arcurs

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I don;t really have a favorite stretch

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I had physical therapy for my back last year and the best stretch they taught me was to lie on my back, pull my left knee up to my right shoulder as far as possible and hold for 10 seconds, then repeat with right leg to left shoulder. I do at least 5 sets. Great for back and hips.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM

My favorite stretch is when I get up every morning and I stretch to get the sleepy out.  :-)

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Thanks!!

sadielady56
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM

The older we get the tighter our muscles seem to get.  A routine of stretching is a must to keep your body in shape as the years go by. 

momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I love to stretch at the end of the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Tfs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I've been doing the Brazilian Butt Lift Workouts, I don't have any favorite stretches but I get them in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinRox
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I dont actually have a favorite stretch.I like the idea of the cat back strech though. 

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I love stretching my back and back legs by bending over a touching my toes....feels good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)