Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Fashion: How to Tie That Pareo Like a Pro

Posted by   + Show Post

You see her. She's there by the pool, like you, on vacation. Yet she has that look, the one you wish you had - forget the shorts, forget the big overshirt, she's got that cool elegant loungey, pool style. She has one of those - a pareo, also known as a sarong, and it is just effortlessly knotted, just-so-chic, and it is fabulous. You think you could find s sarong, but you could never tie it like that.

Well, you can now! The perfect cover-up for the pool or beach or lake, you can tie that swath of fabric in a variety of ways for your ideal easy vacation wardrobe. 

The Halter Dress: Take the sarong and wrap from the back, so you are holding the ends in front of you. Cross the ends over, and tie them behind your neck, so the left end will go around the right side of your neck vice versa. Done and you have a cute makeshift dress. If you want to be jazzy, before you secure the ends around your neck, twist them a couple of times.

The Skirt: This is pretty easy, just place it around your body at your waist and knot the ends.  If it is too long you can fold it over at the top before tying. Also, think about shifting the knot to the front or the side or the back for different looks.

The Jacket: Fold the sarong in half horizontally and place it over your shoulders like a shawl. Take the ends and bring them around to the back of your body and knot them behind your back at waist. This is a good trick if you are chilly or want to cover your arms.

How do you wear a sarong? What is your go-to cover-up?

ŠiStockphoto.com/cdwheatley

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
Bradensmommy719
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I learned how to tie a sarong in hawaii. Wear one almost everytime we went to the beach. Still have it somewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:16 AM

I don't usually wear a cover up.

powow65
by kimmy on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM

i dont go to the beach, nor public pool.

Samanthamommy
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I don't really. Shorts and a t-shirt are my cover up.

koolkidsmom
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Wwowo she does look beautiful.

koolkidsmom
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I'd love to have one.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Very nice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN