Group Home

we got her for 5 1/2 weeks!

Posted by   + Show Post

pretty much my whole life i've been trying to get my mom to leave my father.  they've never had a healthy relationship since i've been around.  when i was ten they moved into different bedrooms & have stayed that way, i'm 37 now.  she's old fashioned though, believes in staying married no matter what.  plus there's the fact that my father has beat her self esteem out of her since they've been married, over 50years, & she doesn't feel she could make it on her own.  even though for the last 5 years my husband & i have told her she could live with us.  one of my 5 siblings has made the same offer.  we've even told her she could split her time between us both.  no go though.

every summer she comes down for about a week for the kids b-days in august.  in march she offical retired, she used to work in a nursing home doing hair.  since she retired i've been trying to talk her into coming down for the rest of the summer after she got the ok to travel from her dr (she had surgery on her shoulder in may & her dr wanted her to have 8 weeks of p.t. before she did anything).  the last few weeks i've been looking for flights to find a good deal to get her down her.  found roundtrip fare from ohio to ga yesterday for $200.  called my mom & told her i booked the flight & she'd be down here for about 5 1/2 weeks.  she said "oh, um, ok". ;o) 

the kids are so excited to have granma here for that long, since i don't get along with my father we don't go to ohio to visit often.  my husband is also happy she'll be down here for that long.  5 1/2 weeks to work on her to stay longer! ;o)

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Replies (11-12):
wandep
by Pam on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Have a great time! :)

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM
I hope you have a great time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie