Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost Medical Records ?!?!?!?!

Has this happened to anyone?

I can not believe this. I went to the gyno today. I started seeing her in February because my previous the midwife at my previous office left and I didn't feel comfortable with the other women there.

Well today my gynos receptionist asked about my previous records. I have requested them four times. I do not feel well so I do not want to deal with this but I have to. We went to the previous office and the woman at the desk was just ridiculous. She yelled at me for having an attitude because my voice trembles. I was poisoned a few days ago and I am not healthy. Yes my whole body shivers now including my voice.

She called medical records and told me that they sent everything they had from my last appointment back to 2008. I asked her what about my other records. She told me that was all they had. I have been a patient since 2002 though. She called me a liar. Ummmmm. She told me that the only appointments I have had since 2008 is for depo injections anyway. I don't use depo ! I did Mirena for two years and had it removed to try for another baby. What the heck is she talking about.

I told her my baby announcement from 2004 with their company was hanging up behind her. She stormed over and barked at me about which one. The pink one with my last name in HUGE letters. She TORE it down and stared at it. Oh is all she says. She slams down in the chair and bangs around the computer and calls the records department.

That is when she got real quiet. From witch to mute in 0.2 seconds. I see her turn away and whisper. Too bad I read lips. I saw her say "What do you mean they are not there ..." I looked up from my wheelchair at my partner who asked what she said. I told him and she screamed "What is with you b*tch. It's not your business." Um yeah it is. Dan pushed me away from her desk and told her that we were going to be called HIPPA and our insurance company and they would hear from our attorney. She went WHITE.

They lost my records ! I had cancer ! I had two terrible births with multiple complications ! They lost it all. I just sat there and cried in the car. Dan has made all the calls. I don't know what is going to happen from here. Plus all my pap smears are not on file now. Great. I can not believe this. I am so happy I still have my ultrasounds from my Annie. They are proof of care. Plus the hospital records are too. Ugh.

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Replies (21-23):
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM
She is awful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brit0813
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Yes, call hippa and the ama-American medical association. I had to do that with my first ob b/c they "lost" my records-they were trying to cover up their mistakes with my birth. hugs momma and good luck! It takes forever for the process, but if you throw it in their face you'll get what you want faster, they don't want their practice shut down!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM
That's horrible I'm glad you changed offices they have to be somewhere
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN