Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father's Day.

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:14 AM
  • 9 Replies
In honor of Father's Day I thought you might like to share a story about a Father in your life. It could be happy, funny, crazy...whatever you'd like. Doesn't matter who...your Father, DH/SO, grandfather, brother, etc.

If not a story, something you want to say about them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rjsmommy214
by Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:26 AM

My Papa (grandfather) was the sweetest man ive ever met. So calm and collected and very loving. I miss him everyday. One fond memory I have is everytime my older brother and I would sleep over at his house he would take us to play put put golf. He has since pased away but I think about him all the time. I wanted him to walk me down the aisle when i got married.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM

My hubby is an AMAZING father. I feel like I really have the whole package with him because he changed diapers when they were babies, he gives baths, encourages me to go out without the kids so I can have some me time, he plays with them, tries to teach them things every chance he gets, he disciplines them, and he shows them affection. He goes above and beyond what most fathers are willing to  do now a days. Because of him our almost 5 year old knows the first verse of the Star Spangled Banner and she knows a few of the scientific names for  bones in our body. She also catches and throws a  ball better then any girl her age lol. 

OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:33 AM

When we first brought our dd home with us she would only fall asleep on hubby and he had to be shirtless cause she liked the skin on skin. Well, one day she fell asleep on him and he didn't go put her down cause he was playing a game. I was in the other room pumping and I heard this high-pitched squeal and then hubby kinda squealing in pan and saying ow, ow, ow over and over. When I got in there dd was awake so I gave her the bottle and hubby told me that the coders of a game just couldn't develop the level of difficulty in a game. Apparently dd woke up and was hungry and latched on to hubby's nipple!

amy7243
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I just love sitting around chatting with my dad.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I used to sit and sing while he played the piano when I was little. We did it again last night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM
My husband is an amazing husband and father. He always stays with me in the hospital for the entire four days after our babies are born (c~sections). He gives me a few hundred dollars each month sort of as a thank~you for being home for OUR kids. He helped me start my business. He cooks on weekends. He changes diapers, plays outside and has an awesome career that he loves. He is passionate, thoughtful, loving and sooo much fun to be with.
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM
My grandpa was an awesome guy and my best fishin buddy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM
My dad us great I miss him now that he lives so far away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

My husband is the most amazing father I know. We never had any children of our own, but he raised my three kids, a granddaughter, and now we're raising a great granddaughter. He has never once complained, and treated them like they were his very own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)