Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Fashion: Three Tips To Find Your Best Swimsuit

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't care who you are, what size that tag on your pants says...no one likes to try on bathing suits. Even if you think your body is fantastic and totally rockin', those fluorescent lights and three-way mirrors can make even Heidi Klum think twice about going bathing suit shopping.

But we have to, right? We have to try on those suits to find one we like so we can go have some fun in the pool. Whether you are trying them on at the store or in the comfort of your own home, here are some tips to remember when selecting which ones you may want to try first for the best results.

-- Create balance with illusion. You want your top and bottom and everything in between to be proportional. Many of us aren't built that way, so the suit needs to help with that illusion. If you have a triangle body, with your lower half a little wider than your top, pick a suit with more colors on top and dark solids on the bottom. It gives the illusion of a larger top half, which creates balance. Same goes for the reverse.

-- Separates are your friend. As I just mentioned, rarely is a body proportional. Forget the one-piece. Take advantage of the strides suitmakers have made with selling separate tops and bottoms.

-- Don't try to hide a larger tummy or a wider tush with a flowy tank or a skirt that may add fabric in a place that doesn't need anything else there. Instead, pick a suit with shirring on the sides. It creates a slim, elongated line that works wonders for both problem areas.

What is your best swimsuit look? How do you feel in your suit? 

©iStockphoto.com/filipw 

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-41):
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM

This is mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)