Group Home

Smarter Style: Cover-Ups Go Beyond the Beach

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 45 Replies

I'm spending a week in the most awesome beach town....it's lined with public beaches perched along the edge of Lake Michigan and a marina bringing in sailors by the day and the week, and there's also a lovely downtown with nice restaurants and shops. It's not uncommon to see people walking down the street dressed in their swimsuits with maybe a T-shirt or sheer cover-up over it.

While that looks fine on the roads that take you to and from the beach, it looks maybe a little weird when you're browsing the shops or grabbing a bite. On the other hand, who wants to go home and out on actual clothes when you're on vacation?

I'm a big fan of the kind of cover-ups that can pop right over a suit and make you look presentable, but still relaxed and beachy.

This super cute red floral would look great for everything from walking to the beach in the morning to dancing in a bar at night. (Everything But Water, $68)

This 60's-ish dress would look great at a pool party and ease any body worries with its loose and stylish cut. (Swim Outlet, $125).

If you're a sporty type, or a boater who would be likely to be hopping off your boat and heading to town, this skirt would look great with a halter tankini top. (Lands' End, $40).

Plus-size women love the beach too, and this cover-up apologizes for nothing with its bright color and sexy detailing. (KMart, $23.99)

This pareo style requires a bit of confidence to pull off, but with a light cardigan tossed over the shoulders could go practically anywhere but the office. (Piperlime, $55).

What do you use as a coverup when you it the beach or the pool?

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I like the pink one cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnghtsprnkle
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

floating in pool

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 22, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Those are cute.
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I like those! Cute! I would wear any of them if I could!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karissa_ruiz
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I like the 2nd and 4th one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I just take my favorite tank top and dress and slip it on..DONE...  

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:08 AM
I like the red and the skirt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

nothing.  our pool is basically in our backyard, so i just walk down our back stairs & a few feet to the pool.  no need for a cover-up.  i do have a pair of shorts for when we used to go to a local recreation park but we haven't been there in awhile.  my daughter also has a cute pair of shorts to wear over her suit. 

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I LOVE the first two.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Those are so cute! I have one similar to the black one, but mine is pink. I wear it over my swimsuit a lot.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80