Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Cover-Ups Go Beyond the Beach

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm spending a week in the most awesome beach town....it's lined with public beaches perched along the edge of Lake Michigan and a marina bringing in sailors by the day and the week, and there's also a lovely downtown with nice restaurants and shops. It's not uncommon to see people walking down the street dressed in their swimsuits with maybe a T-shirt or sheer cover-up over it.

While that looks fine on the roads that take you to and from the beach, it looks maybe a little weird when you're browsing the shops or grabbing a bite. On the other hand, who wants to go home and out on actual clothes when you're on vacation?

I'm a big fan of the kind of cover-ups that can pop right over a suit and make you look presentable, but still relaxed and beachy.

This super cute red floral would look great for everything from walking to the beach in the morning to dancing in a bar at night. (Everything But Water, $68)

This 60's-ish dress would look great at a pool party and ease any body worries with its loose and stylish cut. (Swim Outlet, $125).

If you're a sporty type, or a boater who would be likely to be hopping off your boat and heading to town, this skirt would look great with a halter tankini top. (Lands' End, $40).

Plus-size women love the beach too, and this cover-up apologizes for nothing with its bright color and sexy detailing. (KMart, $23.99)

This pareo style requires a bit of confidence to pull off, but with a light cardigan tossed over the shoulders could go practically anywhere but the office. (Piperlime, $55).

What do you use as a coverup when you it the beach or the pool?

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-45):
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM
I just wear clothes over top
koolkidsmom
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I like the black one and the last one.  Soooo cute.

koolkidsmom
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I like the K-Mart prices too.  Lands End is way too epensive for me. 

ethans_momma06
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Cuteness

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I don't really use cover ups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)