Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be ready?? Update pg 12 in replies

In an emergancy situation??? this afternoon i helped my best friend pack her mothers house due to a wildfire. She is in the evacuation zone and also on vacation in iowa. My friends stepdad has demensia and had no idea what was going on. So now i am at home hoping the done extend the zone the 2 extra miles my way. I am packing and finding it very hard. My hunny watched the fire start and grow and all afternon i've been watching it creep up the mountain side and praying it doesnt break the ridge and come any closer. So far it is 2000 acres, 0% contained, and about 360 workers doing what they can. For more info koaa.com krdo.com or kktv.com waldo canyon fire. Tia for prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Replies (111-120):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Well, I'll call my mom and I'm going to get as many people praying as I can! HUGS and I'm sure it'll all be ok.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

It really is scary to think about. I wish i could post my pics. Maybe tomorrow i will go to my sisters and try to upload some. Thank you again. I am truely grateful.

Quoting celestegood:

Thank God. I will be praying, and I really, sincerely hope that the fire doesn't hurt anyone or take anyone's home. Its so scary to think of being in your situation.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

We need all the help we can get. We have fire team 1 which is like the navy seals of firefighters, and half a dozen planes, helicopters trying to fight it. So far no structures lost and no one injuryed. So we are still all being hopeful. It means a lot to me that people care so much and will help each other in a time like this

Quoting celestegood:

EIther way, I'll pray and hope it gets put out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Much appreciation!!!

Quoting celestegood:

Well, I'll call my mom and I'm going to get as many people praying as I can! HUGS and I'm sure it'll all be ok.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

It really is scary to think about. I wish i could post my pics. Maybe tomorrow i will go to my sisters and try to upload some. Thank you again. I am truely grateful.

Quoting celestegood:

Thank God. I will be praying, and I really, sincerely hope that the fire doesn't hurt anyone or take anyone's home. Its so scary to think of being in your situation.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

We need all the help we can get. We have fire team 1 which is like the navy seals of firefighters, and half a dozen planes, helicopters trying to fight it. So far no structures lost and no one injuryed. So we are still all being hopeful. It means a lot to me that people care so much and will help each other in a time like this

Quoting celestegood:

EIther way, I'll pray and hope it gets put out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle07
by Rhiannon on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM
As of right now co has 12 active wildfires. The waldo is 3450 and 5% contained. 450 firefighters and a handfull of planes and helocopters. No new evacs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Scary hope it calms down

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

As of right now co has 12 active wildfires. The waldo is 3450 and 5% contained. 450 firefighters and a handfull of planes and helocopters. No new evacs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:45 PM
So far it hasnt settled down. They are trying to keep the fire out of the small neighborhoods on the mountain and its moving in 3 directions. So hopefully we can get cooler calmer weather to help

Quoting critter_boo:

Scary hope it calms down

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Oh boy so sorry

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

So far it hasnt settled down. They are trying to keep the fire out of the small neighborhoods on the mountain and its moving in 3 directions. So hopefully we can get cooler calmer weather to help

Quoting critter_boo:

Scary hope it calms down

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM
The pictures people have been posting are eye opening. its soo close to so many houses it can take your breath away

Quoting critter_boo:

Oh boy so sorry

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Quoting critter_boo:

Scary hope it calms down

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I hope that you get lots of rain soon.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
We'll keep y'all in our prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN