Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good friends are hard to come by...

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM
  • 27 Replies
But I have been very blessed. My neighbors and I have a boy and a girl the same age who have become best friends....so of course we started talking a lot. Over the past six months we have all become so close, even my husband, who is typically pretty antisocial.

We both have baby boys who are three months apart so that has been a big connection too. I lent her grocery money, she payed it back. She needed cheap child care to go back to work and I needed extra money so I now watch her boys (and she hooked me up with another neighbor friend of hers and I watch her kids too).

She was going to buy me a used baby swing, but then someone gave her an extra, so she gave me one.

The other day I had warned her that my phone may get disconnected because dh was out of work. Today her husband came knocking on my door to give me one of their phones because he said they didn't need two. Luckily my phone hasn't been disconnected and I think I will be able to pay it before it does shut off. They are always looking out for me.

I don't really have a point to this post, just wanted to say that there are still good people out there that truly care because they want to, not because they have to.

I haven't had friends since getting married and having kids...not true friends.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great you have such a cool friend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:26 AM
That is awesome! There doesnt have to be a point to your post. I like reading about others helping out. Its brightened my dampered day a little
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Awesome..That's how my sister and I are. She's not really my sister by blood. She's my sister by choice..And I LOVE her dearly... 

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:30 AM

That's great. Our neighbor is like that too as we are for her. Her husband was killed recently and it really has drawn us even closer together. We both trust each other. Her step daughter plays with our daughter. Her dog is protective of us like we are his family. It just works great! Sounds like you have great neighbors.

thehickinhickor
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:53 AM

that is great! 

hfaddis
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:25 AM

you are right it is very hard to find GOOD TRUE Friends anymore, That is so awesome that you two are able to help each other out and have a Mutually bennefitting friendship =)

lillucky8
by Jen on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Thats awesome! And ur right, they are hard to come by
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:17 AM
That is awesome! We have a close group of friends and they have really blessed us. I am glad you have that as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Sounds like a great friend :)

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM
great

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)