Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have more than 25 at this point and they are driving me insane. I have used after bit but it is not working cuz I scratched them they are not open so what can I use?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Replies (31-39):
Eviesmommy
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Definitely treat the yard. But also vacuum right before you treat the house. And not just the rugs. Vacuum furniture, curtains, etc too. Make sure that you get under your couches, chairs, beds, etc especially, because that's where they like to lay their eggs. And at this point, the eggs are going to be your biggest problem if they're in the house. Because the eggs protect from the stuff you're using to get rid of the fleas. And the normal hatching cycle of a flea egg is longer than the time that the stuff to get rid of them is effective for. So by the time that the eggs have hatched, the stuff to kill them has stopped working. So the vicious cycle starts again. Vacuuming actually stimulates the eggs to hatch sooner. So they're hatching while it's still effective. I battled fleas like crazy in my old house. After fighting them for what seemed like forever, I did research and found this info. The fleas never came back.

Quoting LCG83:

I feel ya. I have sooooo many. Partly thanks to freaking fleas that I can't get rid of and from being outside all the dang time. I'm going out of my ever loving mind. My legs are so tore up they look absolutely disgusting and humiliating. We've tried pills, sprays, shampoos, dips, spraying the house, etc. it's helped but not enough. Freaking bugs. I told dh we need to treat the yard of our new house before we move in. At least our immediate yard. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Thank you soooooo much!!!!! I have been trying so hard to find a solution.

Quoting Eviesmommy:

Definitely treat the yard. But also vacuum right before you treat the house. And not just the rugs. Vacuum furniture, curtains, etc too. Make sure that you get under your couches, chairs, beds, etc especially, because that's where they like to lay their eggs. And at this point, the eggs are going to be your biggest problem if they're in the house. Because the eggs protect from the stuff you're using to get rid of the fleas. And the normal hatching cycle of a flea egg is longer than the time that the stuff to get rid of them is effective for. So by the time that the eggs have hatched, the stuff to kill them has stopped working. So the vicious cycle starts again. Vacuuming actually stimulates the eggs to hatch sooner. So they're hatching while it's still effective. I battled fleas like crazy in my old house. After fighting them for what seemed like forever, I did research and found this info. The fleas never came back.

Quoting LCG83:

I feel ya. I have sooooo many. Partly thanks to freaking fleas that I can't get rid of and from being outside all the dang time. I'm going out of my ever loving mind. My legs are so tore up they look absolutely disgusting and humiliating. We've tried pills, sprays, shampoos, dips, spraying the house, etc. it's helped but not enough. Freaking bugs. I told dh we need to treat the yard of our new house before we move in. At least our immediate yard. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
koolkidsmom
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM

ammonia is good for bites.

koolkidsmom
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Let us know what works.  

she_walk_softly
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Ammonia but that's what after bite is..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
koolkidsmom
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I've used it on bee stings and it's great and cheap too. 

Eviesmommy
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Not a problem! Hope it helps.

Quoting LCG83:

Thank you soooooo much!!!!! I have been trying so hard to find a solution.

Quoting Eviesmommy:

Quoting LCG83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chiquis
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM
No idea but eek .. I hate that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairybaby55
by Sara on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM

We use hydrocortisone...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN