Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pay attention next time you feel the need to judge!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So yesterday i went grocery shopping...i hate grocery shopping...i decided to take my mom with me because i knew i was going to be getting quite a bit of food...and getting that much and having three boys in tow is just well exhausting...anyhow here i am standing in the check out line with two shopping carts full of food and of course my two oldest are fighting and my youngest is whining for a drink...by this time i just want to rip my hair out of my head...i ended up giving in to the boys and allowing them to have a sprite...so here i am now digging my wallet out of the bottom of my purse (because my wallet insist on playing hide and seek with me EVERYTIME i go to look for it)...i pull out my bank card (which the picture above is not my bank card but it looks just like it) and i am standing there watching the cashier scan through my millions of coupons...

And this is when i hear these two gawdy, loud mouth, judgemental woman!!!

First woman:
"Just look at her!!! Using our tax dollars to feed her heatherns!!! And buying soda...ugggg...if she's going to use our tax dollars she should have at least chose somthing healthier!!!"
Woman beside her:
"And she's got a liz taylor purse...i bet she stole it since she's on public assistance...well either that or she's defrauding the government!!! You know that's what all these young mother's do now days!!!"

And this ladies was not my proudest moment but damn it i snapped!!! And honestly i usually don't say anything because honestly i usually don't give a crap...but for some reason this time it just got to me!!! I turned around face as red as a fire engine and steam probably coming out of my ears!!! An ladies i just went off!!!

This is what i said...smh...

"You inconsiderate, judgmental heffers!!! How dare you assume what i am or am not doing!!! And if you are going to be so crass to make such assinine staement's then make sure you know what in the heck you are talking about!!! First off this (i held up my bank card) is NOT a food stamp card...this is my bank card!!! And your effin tax dollars are NOT paying for my, what did you call them "hethans" food!!! My husbands hard earned pay check is what is paying for our food!!! And just an FYI even if i WAS using a food stamp card...it would be none of your damn bussiness!!! I suggest you think about the crap that you spew from your mouth!!!"

Okay...yes i may have over reacted a bit...and there is no shame in needing public assistance...but it just made me so mad that i couldn't stand it!!! How dare they treat people like that...what if i had been on PA...and needed it...it's no ones bussiness but mine!!!

Okay rant over...sorry it's so long ladies...i just needed to get it out...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
Aadensma
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Do you live in TX? I think the TX ones ebt cards look similar.

Quoting jpalmer:

Here's what the EBT card looks like here...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Nope we live in ky...they may all look like that i have no clue...lol

Quoting Aadensma:

Do you live in TX? I think the TX ones ebt cards look similar.

Quoting jpalmer:

Here's what the EBT card looks like here...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM

clappingi generally don't comment or acknowledge others stupidity but some days you just have to.  i know i can only take so much stupidity before i snap. 

yourpassion
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Nice! I would have said something to. People need to mind their own business.

Quoting jpalmer:

They just walked away...like scolded dogs, tails between their legs!!!

Quoting justme782:

What did the old hags have to say then?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM
good for you! I never pay attention to others in line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
csecor1
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM
I would have done the same thing. Good for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM

im glad u spoke up!

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I felt like it but my mom and boys were standing there near the bagging area...and my boys didn't need to see me do all of that...

Funny thing...i turned around after going off to swipe my card and the cashier was laughing so hard she was crying and my boys and mom was standing there with their jaws on the floor...my youngest asked if i was going to tell their momma on them...lmao!!!

Quoting roxxyt:

You had every right to speak you're mind. You go girl, I lothe people like that and I would have been in their face also, How dare someone even open their mouths so crass. Like you said none of their damn business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
northernmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM

i wanna know how a nice purse equals defrauding the government. i have a coach purse and we are on FS right now but it was a hand me down from my neighbor i didn't pay a dime for it. people assume too much.

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:57 PM
My liz taylor purse came from goodwill i paid a whole .50ยข for it!!! I bargin shop for EVERYTHING...we are a family of five with one income...if i can't get a good deal on it then we are not getting it...lol!!!

Quoting northernmommy:

i wanna know how a nice purse equals defrauding the government. i have a coach purse and we are on FS right now but it was a hand me down from my neighbor i didn't pay a dime for it. people assume too much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)