Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Six Awesome Bloggers to Read This Summer

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes, I'm technically a blogger, but I'm also a blog reader. I love to surf around and find new bloggers out there in (where else) the blogosphere. I usually stumble onto bloggers who are moms who write, mostly, about motherhood. Sometimes I get a laugh, sometimes I tear up...most of the time, I do both. And nod.

Here are my top picks on six bloggers I've been reading recently. Check 'em out when you aren't here, bookmark their sites, visit them often -- and enjoy!

Eating Over The Sink - Samantha Bee and Allana Harkin, two of the funniest women writing and working today, have a blog over at Babble Voices. What do you get? Laugh out loud, snort-your-morning-coffee- through-your-nose wit. One of my all-time fave posts: this one about potty-training.

Inside Out Motherhood - One of The Stir's fantastic writers, Jeanne Sager writes about motherhood, parenting and cool blogger things she gets to do (oh, and she has some fabu giveaways). If I had to pick just one to highlight (dang, it's tough to pick just one!), how about this recent one about keeping perspective on what really matters to her daughter.

Scary Mommy - Another lady from The Stir, Jill Smokler had her first book launch a few months ago, but that hasn't stopped her from continuing to give her blog readers her comments on this crazy thing called motherhood...and why, at times, we are all scary mommies. (Check out her list of the 50 parenting lessons she's learned the hard way.)

ADR (formerly Ivy League Insecurities) - Author and mom of three little girls, Aidan Donnelley Rowley touches on everything from big issues on how we all deal with Life to the latest episode of The Bachelor. She gives us quotes that make us think and amazing photos that make us feel -- oh yeah, her posts are ones you will talk about with your friends, sisters, everyone (okay, full disclosure: she is a good buddy of mine here in NYC). Two of my recent faves: her ode to fancy hair and this one, a bit of insight on why she gave up drinking for a year, sharing that choice, and how one question from her oldest daughter made her think about it all.

Danielle La Porte - Not really a blogger, but an author who has a blog, Danielle La Porte is a force. An amazing force that inspires everyone who reads her words. If you are in need of a boost, a jolt, guidance in any part of your life, read her. Now. (I love this post. Oh, and this one...really hard to narrow it down.) 

A Design So Vast - Lindsey Mead is one of those writers. One who writes the things you just thought of, in such a way that you say, "Yes, that is what I meant!" out loud after you read her posts. Mom, thinker, person, the BFF you want...she's one to read and watch. (I want her to write a book -- please!) A must-read: her post here on the things she wants her 10-year-old daughter to know).

What are your favorite blogs to read? Which ones on this list have you read and what are your fave posts? If you aren't a blog reader, give one of them a try!  

ŠiStockphoto.com/jailfree

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-27):
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I don't read blogs but I will check this out.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I read blogs sometimes.

fraujones
by Amanda on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I read mostly book blogs, but I like to browse the mommy ones now and then.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I don't follow bloggers

RutterMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM
There aren't a lot that I read, bit I'm trying to learn. I have a blog for my small business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Thanks!
adoreachild
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I always like to read blogs because these are very informative like the above one. Thank you for these information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)